Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sephora Clean Skin Care

Hello! I am starting to transition to clean skin care, and be more aware of what ingredients I put on my skin. Does anyone have experience/recommendations with Sephora Clean Skin products? I just ordered the SEPHORA COLLECTION The Essentials Kit (I have used the mask before and love it). I have oily skin, and am striving for glowy, even, hydrated skin while keeping my oils under control beneath makeup

Any feedback or suggestions? I'm open to other product lines as well. I am ok with buying 1 or 2 high end products if they are worth the money, but wont be able to get an entire Tatcha or Drunk Elephant line for all products in my routine. 

Thank you!!

RE: Sephora Clean Skin Care

You can try out Tatcha cleanser and water cream by using your points, they have a small travel size of each for 300 points total. That’s how I tried it the first time and now I love it. I 10/10 recommend the water cream as a moisturizer because I have oily skin too so I hate putting lotion on my face but this literally has the texture of water but is still moisturizing enough so that my skin doesn’t dry out when i put my makeup on. I also love the cleanser because it just feels really clean. HOWEVER, some people have said it makes them break out. That’s never happened to me but that’s why I think trying to use points to get that little trial size kit from the rewards section is gonna be your best bet before you spend a bunch of money. Hope this helps!

Re: RE: Sephora Clean Skin Care

@sierrab22 thanks for the heads up on the promo codes! I will try them out. 

@sierrab22 @krissy877 

If you order online, you can choose a free sample of the Tatcha The Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or the Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser 4.0 oz / 120 mL by using the code Tatchaskin complimentary with a $35 purchase.

I love Tacha products they are the best . I have also been using the ordinary serums have been pleased as well

Re: Sephora Clean Skin Care

The ordinary products are great! The niacinamide will help you with the control of fat and the vitamin C products, the peling among others will give you shine and will level the skin tone, they are also super cheap and of good quality.

@sevcik400 

The Ordinary products aren't listed as "clean".  I do like the The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL for oiliness and pores tho.

@krissy877 ones thing to take into consideration is what clean skincare means to you since it's not a standardized designation (neither is cruelty-free but that at least has external oversight if you find an organization aligned with your values) 

But if you want to try tatcha Sephora has 2 of their cleansers up with a promo code 🙂 

@meou very good point!! I mostly just want to be more conscious about what I am putting on my skin. I have been using cheaper drugstore wash and moisturizer and just want a little more focused, better quality. I have been using the ordinary niacinamide for almost a year and I absolutely love it. That is something I will never switch from! 

@krissy877  I love the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Skin Gel Cleanser with Prebiotics . It is such a great cleanser for the price. I have also tried the All day hydrator and it is nice but it wasn’t moisturizing enough for me. The SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff  is great for hydration and puffiness. 

@faeriegirl  thanks for the info! The cleanser is what I was most excited about! I'm not sure what your skin type is, but I'm curious what you use for an everyday morning moisturizer?

@krissy877  My skin is combo. Right now I’m using Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... .  It feels lightweight but it’s really hydrating. 

Hi! I would suggest Kate Sommerville. Their products are cruelty free and lots of them are all natural! They have lots of variety depending on your skin type and skin concerns! 🙂 I love the Eradikate Daily Cleanser. I have also heard lots of things about Glow Recipe! I hope this helps. Have a great day 🙂

@LilaMJ I will have to look into those!!! Thank you for the recommendation!!

My pleasure! Please let me know if you have any other questions, and keep me posted! ❤️

Congrats to the switch I also use the clean products !!! here’s one of my favorites, anything glow recipe , milk brow gel , milk blush lip and cheek, tarte foundation collection, 100% pure is also a another amazing place to get healthy and clean ingredients in your make up !!! HAPPY CLEAN HEALTHY!

@beautybum173  thank you for the recommendations! I have been eyeing Glow Recipe for sometime now, it may be time to give in! I really want to try the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL 

Hi @krissy877!

If you're interested in the Tatcha products, you can check out the Tatcha Dewy Skin Favorites on the Go.  The primer and stick dewy mist are small but the serum stick is full size and you save $30.  I have oily skin too and the Tatcha The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer 1.0 oz / 30 mL works really well.  I'm excited to try the other 2 products!

I took the free Tatcha Masterclass yesterday and it was super fun!  You can check out my notes in the Virtual Masterclass Thread.  We post free virtual class links in the thread if you're interested!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Exclusive-Events/Virtual-Masterclass-Thread/td-p/5519089

@RAWRitsRED thanks for the recommendations!! I am definitely going to be checking those classes out too

Re: Sepora Clean Skin Care

Hey @krissy877! Props to you for transitioning to clean skincare. I personally love the Sephora Collection clean products - you should check out our post on some of their newer clean makeup and skincare products here: Discover these NEW, CLEAN products from Sephora Collection! 

I have oily skin too, and I enjoyed using SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Skin Gel Cleanser with Prebiotics, which is included in your essentials kit. Gel cleansers are typically the best for oily skin! One of my favorites from Sephora Collection is the pineapple face mask, which now comes in a clean formulation: SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Pineapple. It's great for minimizing the appearance of pores. 

Re: Sepora Clean Skin Care

@GeorginaBT oh awesome!! Thank you for the link to new clean products! I am really excited about the cleanser, that was the main reason I ordered that bundle 🙂 

I am definitely adding the pineapple mask for my next purchase. Thanks!!

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing