Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Sephora Birthdays Gift Drunk Elephant review

Hi All, 

Has anyone tried the drunk elephant birthday gift? What do you think of the products? Does the cleanser burn your eyes? I appreciate your thoughts. 

Re: Sephora Birthdays Gift Drunk Elephant review

I really liked the cleanser. It was gentle and I didn’t feel like it stripped my skin. I double cleanse so I’m not sure how well it cleanses makeuoon its own. I didn’t use it too close to my eyes so not sure if it would have stung. I wish it wasn’t so expensive, otherwise I’d buy it regularly.

i wasn’t a fan of the moisturizer. It felt like it never fully absorbed and left a filmy feeling on my skin..my husband felt the same way. It was also too light for my combination skin.. I had to go over with my other daily moisturizer 

I bought the jelly cleanser rather than receiving it as a gift, but so far had no adverse effects from it. Actually in my experience it's one of the gentlest cleansers that is still effective. 

@BeautyWonder   I received the gift last month.  I don't use the cleanser to remove eye makeup but none of it has leaked into my eyes while washing my face and burned them.

I use the Protini every day.

@Ispend2much6 @dimo22 @newcarlee @faeriegirl  thank you for your thoughts. I’m glad it doesn’t burn eyes. 

@BeautyWonder I haven’t tried the birthday gift but I do use both products regularly and they are great. The cleanser doesn’t burn or irritate my eyes.

I haven’t gotten the birthday gift but I have tried the cleanser. It didn’t burn my eyes.  It’s an ok cleanser. I prefer DE bar cleansers though. I’ll likely pick it for my bday still. 

RE: Re: Sephora Birthdays Gift Drunk Elephant review

I got this back in February. For some reason never opened it until about 4 weeks ago. Now I’m hooked on DE. Just waiting for the VIB codes to come out and hopefully the “Get Even” kit!

Hi @Indy701, do you mind telling why you prefer the bars?  I don’t use soap bars of any kind - they are more drying to me than shower gel - and so I stick with gel / cream type facial washes as well.  But I really like DE products and have wondered about their facial wash bars.  Thanks in advance if you could share.

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing