Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sensitive acne prone skin

Please help me in finding the right skin care products 

RE: Sensitive acne prone skin

I recommend cera ve and differin products. I believe they are all fragrance free but you'll have to check on that. Most dermatologists recommend those as well. I have a very similar skin type and what works for me is using cera ve's hydrating cleanser, differin gel, and then cera ve's pm moisturizer. But if I'm breaking out more than usual I will use differin daily deep cleanser followed by cera ve hydrating cleanser (to rehydrate the skin), and then the gel, then moisturizer. Differin has adapalene in it which is a retiniod used to treat acne (its a low dose) and you used to need a prescription for it. Cera ve has ceramides in it so its very hydrating and will counteract dryness from the acne products. Hope this helps:)

Re: RE: Sensitive acne prone skin

Thank you for replying ☺️ Wouldn’t differin react in an adverse way? I have super sensitive skin 

Re: Sensitive acne prone skin

A few questions, @sunnyroo- do you know what ingredients you are sensitive to? What's your skin type- dry, oily, combo, normal? Are you currently using any products and if so, what are they? 

Oh sorry for missing out on other questions🙈I am allergic to products which have fragrance and I’ve been using jojoba oil past couple of months, I use aveeno cleanser. My skin is super sensitive and get allergies frequently if I use products which are for normal skin type. I have discoloration and  tiny miny fine lines appearing.

@sunnyroo You may want to consider a BHA/salicylic acid serum to help with the pimples. The CosRx Blackhead BHA is a gentle one, but you could also check out the Inkey List's version or Paula's Choice. I would recommend using it only 2 or 3 times a week since your skin is reactive. 

Frankly speaking I am not sure of skin type but I get tiny mint red spots here and there every other day

Hi @sunnyroo ! I would recommend using gentle products like Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL and other items from her ‘Eradikate’ line , for acne and ‘DeliKate’ line, which is for sensitive skin. Have a great day! 😊

Thanks darn! I am looking for something which is not expensive yet effective,do you think you know something on the similar lines?

@sunnyroo Yeah, I would try Cerave Foaming cleanser or SA cleanser, which are from the drugstore! Make sure to @ Tag me so I get notified if you reply! Have a great day 💕

I would look at inky products! They work wonders and show exactly what you need and what steps to do first!  I just bought the holiday hero’s box! 

And you too have dry in some areas and sensitive acne prone skin?

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing