Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Send help

I'm sunburnt and peeling like crazy any suggestions for moisturizers or creams or anything that will help?

Re: Send help

@Audrey007 In the past I've used Neosporin - but I would check with your MD on the best way to handle this.  I got a terrible sunburn once and got a prescription - I think it was Silvadene...good luck!

REN evercalm rescue mask is a lifesaver for me. I got it...

REN evercalm rescue mask is a lifesaver for me. I got it when my face was peeling from a retinol and it stopped the peeping asap

I know this may sound crazy but apply coconut oil! It actually works to heal sunburns. 
'Coconut oil has saturated fats, lauric fatty acid and other unique combinational fatty acids that heals sunburned skin and relieves inflammation.'

I apply it generously on burns and within a few hours, any redness disappears.
Hope that helps! 

RE: Re: Send help

Thank you!!

Oh no!   Sunburns are the worst!

Have you tried plain aloe vera gel?  IMO that is the best thing for a bad burn.

I also love Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Silk Hydration Lotion - It contains Aloe and Shea Butter and smells amazing.

Applying Ice packs wrapped in a towel or cold, wet washcloths to the burned areas can also help soothe them.

My grandma swears by applying cooled Chamomile tea bags to the burned area (boil the tea first and then remove the bags and let them cool before applying), but I haven't had much luck with this.

It's also important to drink a lot of water to re-hydrate.

Good luck!

Korres has a product called after sun for face and body. The Greek yogurt in it is naturally soothing. A great option to buy

Thank you this was very helpful!
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing