Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sebaceous filaments and stretched out pores

33 year old, sun damage galore.. with sebaceous filaments and stretched out pores... what ingredients should I be using daily and weekly.. any and all suggestions are welcome. I am TERRIFIED of these issues getting worse! Help!

Sebaceous filaments and stretched out pores

If you have a lot of visible sun damage, I highly recommend the UV Repair Cream from Skinactives dot com. It has about a zillion antioxidants, some of which stink, so use it as a night treatment. You definitely need at least BHA for the pores, antioxidants for the sun damage, and a sunscreen you can wear all. The. Time. If you want to stay exclusive to Sephora, I'd recommend the BHA serum from Inkey List, and maybe the vitamin c plus AHA serum from Tatcha. Eventually you may want to add in a retinol or retinoid product, which will really help tighten your pores and keep them clear, but add the BHA and antioxidants first and give your skin time to adjust before throwing retinol at it. But as for sunscreen, there are tons to try, but stop the damage!

Re: Sebaceous filaments and stretched out pores

@JojoLow you need salicylic acid (BHA). It's oil-soluble so it gets deep into the pore to help clear out the gunk. Once you get the pores more clear, they will appear smaller. I highly recommend Paula's Choice for BHA. She has varying concentrations. I think 1, 2, 4 and 9%. I use the CLEAR exfoliant which is 2% bha. It's not an overnight thing, but you'll see a difference in a couple weeks of daily use. It makes a huge difference for me.

All cleanser that tightens. Like ex. If your favorite brand was Tarte and they had a Summer Bum Cleanser with AHA and BHA or Summer Bum Cleanser with original cherries that help tighten and give you that glow you’ve longed for being a Beach Bum 😉 something like that

maybe give MILK MAKEUP Watermelon Brightening Face Mask 1 oz/ 30 g a go, I have one but haven't used it yet (I hear that it helps to tighten pores and brighten the face). Maybe consider adding a toner to your skincare routine. I'm a big fan of toners and consider them necessary in a good skincare routine. There are an array of toners out there for a number of different skin concerns, but the point of toners across the board is to prep skin for treatment absorption, balance your skin's pH, and pull any residual dirt, soap, or makeup from your pores. I personally use CAUDALIE - Moisturizing Toner and I find it does wonders for my dry skin. A lot of people love First Aid Beauty Hydrating Toner with Squalane + Oats 6 oz/ 177 mL and though I love the brand I haven't tried this particular product myself.

Another thing to consider- and stay with me here- is a facial oil. I know it might seem counterproductive to add oil to already oily skin, but when your skin is receiving the moisture that it needs from a dry oil, it will help with so many skin problems. I love using organic rosehip oil, which you can purchase at most health food stores or pharmacies. 

I've been using for a few months now a sonic facial brush and I'll never go back to not using one. I use the Conaire True Glow sonic facial brush and it's amazing- it's helped to clear out and tighten my pores, and my skin's texture is so soft and smooth. 

Good luck! I hope some of this helps you 🙂 xx 

RE: Sebaceous filaments and stretched out pores

Have you tried aloe Vera for the sun damage?
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing