Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sebaceous filaments and blackheads and acne, oh my!

I've been pretty lucky with my skin in my life, but I hit 24 and now I have all sorts of issues that I haven't dealt with before.

I have combination to oily skin and I do get a few hormonal pimples monthly. My main question is dealing with the texture, sebaceous filaments, and blackheads on/around all T-zone, and around my mouth.

Sunday Riley came highly recommended by many people, so I decided to start with the luna face oil and good genes, which I use in combination, nightly after cleansing and toning with pixie glow tonic, and following with Origins energy moisture gel. I've honestly noticed a big change in my acne flare ups with these products but I feel like my sebum production might actually be increasing. I've heard that an AHA or a BHA might be a good investment, but I don't know where to start.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? or does anyone have any suggestions for a product that I should be adding to my day or night routine?

Thanks!

Re: Sebaceous filaments and blackheads and acne, oh my!

I've had a lot of success with Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum. It has a mixture of 12% AHA and 1% BHA. Definitely reduced the appearance of my sebaceous glands over time!

@Quinnyquinn

Good Genes *IS* an AHA

Your Pixi tonic is as well

If your skin is getting oilier, it may be telling you it's too dry.

I'd recommend checking this thread out...it's full of folks that know a lot more than I 🙂

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Thanks for the link!

have you ever heard of herbivore? They have a mask called...

have you ever heard of herbivore? They have a mask called the Blue tansy and it is amazing. this mask is a Aha and BHA. I've only had a chance to use it a few times and so far I've loved the results

Re: have you ever heard of herbivore? They have a mask called...

I was actually looking in to that mask. I've heard great things, but wasn't sure if it was worth the hype. Thanks!

RE: Re: have you ever heard of herbivore? They have a mask called...

The mask is awesome, and it pairs really well with their Lapis oil!

I heard good things about Albion. It is a Japanese brand....

I heard good things about Albion. It is a Japanese brand. It is supposed be really good for your skin type.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing