Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Scalely Eyelids???? ๐Ÿ˜จ

I have combo/oily skin and have never had an issue with dry skin, but for some reason my eyelids have become so incredibly dry that it looks as if I'm growing little scales! Does anyone have any product recommendations that would help this?! (I haven't changed anything in my skincare routine, so that's not the culprit) Please and thank you!

Re: Scalely Eyelids???? ๐Ÿ˜จ

I had this problem so badly this winter I would literally have to use tweezers to remove some scales from my eyelids (so gross, I know, I know). But I got it to clear up in a couple days by following these steps:

1. Use Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling gel to exfoliate eyelids. 2-3 rounds, one after the other (rub on dry skin, rinse, dry. Repeat.)
2. 1 drop squalane on each eyelid (I love the Biossance 100% Squalane Oil, but any kind would probably do.)

3. Top with moisturizer (Current fave is PTR Water Drench Moisturizer. It seriously feels just like water!)

RE: Scalely Eyelids???? ๐Ÿ˜จ

I have experienced this in the past, too!!! Itโ€™s so annoying! I went to an eye doctor and she told me to take a washcloth/small bath towel, wet it with warm water and gently brush it over my eyelids (in order to exfoliate them to remove the flakiness). Thatโ€™s a delicate area so be gentle! Perhaps you should consult an eye doctor? I suggest using a good eye cream. One that is suitable for sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin and I use โ€œFresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrateโ€. I hope it gets better!

Re: Scalely Eyelids???? ๐Ÿ˜จ

Any chance you have seasonal allergies, or had a reaction to eye makeup? My eyelids sometimes get that way when my spring allergies kick in, or if I have a bad reaction to new eye makeup. If it's allergies, or an allergic reaction to makeup, use warm compresses on your eyes, get some allergy eye drops (like Zaditor - with Ketotifen), use baby shampoo to wash/clean your eye area, and try putting Vaseline on your lids at night. Good luck - hope you find some relief!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing