Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

SPF for oily skin?

What's a good sunscreen for oily skin types? I've tried drugstore products and it would leave me feeling greasy after a few hours. I'm currently using a Mary Kay one but I have mixed feelings about it. I'm looking for a sunscreen that would wear well alone or under makeup. What are your favorites and do you wear a moisturizer along with it?

Re: SPF for oily skin?

My two favorites are the MDSolarSciences Mineral Creme and the Coola Mineral Face Matte Tint. Both are great at helping keep oil at bay and work really well under makeup. 

I always wear a light moisturizer under sunscreen. Right now, my preferred one is the CosRx Birch Sap Lotion. 

Shiseido urban environment oil free spf 42 for face and urban environment spf 40 for face and body are my favourite. The oil free version is very mattifying so I wear it only when I am expecting to stay out for longer hence have greater chances to produces excessive oil. For all other times spf 40 for face and body is great. It isn't listed as oil free but it isn't greasy at all. These both have a bit of white cast though which I overcome by wearing a few thin layers instead of one heavy layer. 

I do not wear foundation with sunscreen but I do wear oil free moisturizer underneath. 

RE: Re: SPF for oily skin?

Those sound great! I'll definitely check them out. Would you say that the product lasts a while or is it something that you'd have to repurchase often?

COOLA Cucumber Classic Sunscreen SPF 30! Doubles as a moisturizer for me so it's perfect for no fuss days!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing