cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

SOS need skincare routine

982B487A-D094-45C8-B7CE-7FA6601F7EE3.jpeg

I have suffered with clearing up my face from what I believe to be cystic acne and scarring. I am 26 years old and my skin feels aged- dull, redness, acne, under eye bags. I also have eczema, so my skin often gets dry and irritated in certain patches like around my mouth and forehead.Up until the past year I have had amazing skin, so this has been super hard for my confidence and mentally draining. I have tried multiple products and even waited it out long enough to give these products a chance. But still have not found anything to solve my troubled skin. 

Currently my skincare routine is; (morning)  washing with a regular cleanser. Biossance balancing oil, and then the juice beauty oil free with spf moisturizer. 
(Evening) wash with regular cleanser, dr Dennis gross skincare alpha beta universal daily peel, and lastly the consonant moisturizer. I also use a clarins spot treatment. 

any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated. 

Re: SOS need skincare routine

I also have eczema and Ive used the Weleda Skin food and its very hydrating. I also recommend for your type of acne the The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL along with the The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  . I reccomend for face wash the detox clarifying facial wash from Goldfaden MD. I dont know if maybe your skin type is super sensitive but the Krave beauty line is great for all skin types. I recommend their matcha hemp cleanser and their great barrier reef serum. Hope this helped!

katamm_2-1614098137441.jpeg

Looks like from the picture you have done a good job at clearing your face up and now it’s just scars, texture, and dullness to fix. You’re halfway done! I would stop using the dr Dennis gross treatment everyday. Try going a few days without it and see if your skin starts to feel less irritated and red. I love those treatment pads but they are strong so I will only use them 2x weekly especially in colder dryer winter months. If stopping those helps you may want to switch to Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment it’s not as irritating on my skin and I can use daily with no issues. Also CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate 1.6 oz/ 48 mL I find it really helps with dryness/dullness and irritation and it’s oil free. Be careful if you go with oils, they always cause me to breakout bad. Also notice you don’t use a toner ? You might want to try adding an oil free soothing toner to your routine. First Aid Beauty Hydrating Toner with Squalane + Oats 6 oz/ 177 mL is a really good choice. Very soothing and really helps with redness. Hope that helps ! 

Hi @Natalieclaree ! I agree with @CRJG about cutting out completely or reducing how often you use the Dr. Dennis Gross treatment. I have had adult acne issues as well and noticed a big improvement in my skin when I transitioned from products that were a bit harsher (in the hopes of zapping my zits) to products that were intended to soothe. What is the regular cleanser you're using? If it's drying you out or irritating your skin, whatever products you use afterward won't be as effective. I use OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Juice™ Daily Cleanser and have not had any issues with it breaking me out, and it definitely doesn't give me that tight, dry feeling other cleansers do- especially in the winter.

I've tried a lot of products/routines to help my acne and am happy to help!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • 982B487A-D094-45C8-B7CE-7FA6601F7EE3.jpeg
  • katamm_2-1614098137441.jpeg
testing