Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

SKINCARE Nightmare

Hi everyone, so about a month ago I had a weird allergic reaction to an under eye cream (belif eye cream). Stopped using it after three days. And it made my under eye skin so dry and dark, and worsened fine lines. Went to derm, and he prescribed a cream that calmed down the redness and itchy skin. But since then my under eye has been so dry and sensitive that even my normal moisturizer has not made a difference and burns! It's been 6 weeks and im desperately trying to find releif. Any suggestions ? I've tried jojoba oil, and it made my eyes water. Tried first aid facial moisturizer and it kind of stung and made my eyes more sunken. Tried, aloe vera cream from the body shop and nope. Tried tatcha mask and dehydrated my skin even more. The under eye skin is very sensitive, and im trying not to do too much but it looks so bad now. SOS what do i do? 😭 im allergic to citric acid, and most things tend to have them 

SKINCARE Nightmare

Vitamin E oil could work. I use one from Jasön

SKINCARE Nightmare

If you are anything like me, and it sounds like you are, you are literally trying everything and, that in and if itself, can be the problem. Also, some of the items that you've listed have great natural things in them, but still have wads of potential irritants. Likewise, Tatcha is a wonderful line, but right now may not be the time to use it around your eyes. Now, I've been in your position before because my skin is terribly sensitive to EVERYTHING. When it gets to the point that my skin is this upset, I do nothing. For real. I am a serious skincare junkie, but my skin has taught me that after a massive irritation, the best thing I can do is to respect my skin enough to let it have the break it needs.

Re: SKINCARE Nightmare

@saharaic The Body Shop's aloe has a lot of extra "stuff" in it that may contribute to your irritation. I'd recommend checking out straight aloe to help calm and soothe your skin. I hope it heals soon!

Re: SKINCARE Nightmare

@saharaic  The only thing I can recommend is pure Shea butter. Since you are still healing from a reaction, I would stay away from anything with lots of ingredients, because you don’t know  what ingredients could make it worse.  Even if it’s something you’ve used before,  skin in the process of healing reacts differently than healthy skin. did the dr tell you how long it could possibly take to heal? Maybe you could just call and follow up, they might be able to give suggestions over the phone. I hope you get relief soon 🙂

SKINCARE Nightmare

Maybe you're not getting adequate nutrition from your diet. Tatcha masks are very hydrating. If that's not providing any relief I'd imagine the problem must be dietary. In order for the skin to be in its best condition a person needs to consume foods that are rich in nutrients. My personal favorite is raw milk. It can be hard to get depending on where you live. If you can't get it try eating yogurt and eggs or high quality animal meats. I can guarantee you'll see a marked improvement! Hope this helps!

SKINCARE Nightmare

maybe something like castor oil or emu oil just to really let it heal fully? (i personally prefer emu oil but its not vegan at all lol so if thats a concern, castor's p good too). otherwise, might want to try something more intense such as dermalogica or la roche posay (they both have rly good sensitive skin lines from personal experience - my skin often ends up burning from new products haha so those are my go-to for that). hope it heals :$
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing