Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Routine...

I am new to the skincare game and just getting into a routine... I am 40 with dry skin, rosacea, visible pores, dark sun spots, and fine lines with wrinkles

Night:

1. wash with Kiehl’S Cannabis and Stavia cleanser
  2. Dermalogica Mini Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator 0.45 oz/ 13 g 
  3. Kiehl’s Stavia Cannabis seed oil (all over)
  4. the inkey retinol eye serum 
  5. SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff 
  6. The Ordinary "Buffet" 1 oz/ 30 mL (forehead only)
  7. LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Grapefruit 
  8. LANEIGE Hypoallergenic Cica Sleeping Mask (every couple of nights)

Am I using too many products? Should I use a cleanser in the morning before starting my daytime routine? Should I even wash my face in the morning?

Morning:

1. #keihls cleanser (same as night)
  2. skyn ICELAND the ANTIDOTE Cooling Daily Lotion 
  3. SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff 
  4. The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG 
  5. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 
  6. #sephora colour enhancing lip scrub
  7. make up if I chose MILK MAKEUP Sunshine Skin Tint Medium 

once a week I use MILK MAKEUP Matcha Cleanser and on days I wear make up I wash it off with Caudalie Vinopure Pore Purifying Gel Cleanser 

Re: Routine...

Those are just suggestions and can maybe give you an idea of products to pair together and how many I use in the morning / at night. But to answer your question about the products you’re currently using and if you are using too many, I’d say I have about 2-3 products (mainly nighttime serums) that I switch off using, sometimes based on what my skin is like that day. IF my skin is looking oily, I would wash my skin with a gentle facial scrub before anything else, however I typically only really wash my face with something other than just water once, maybe twice a week. This is also because  my skin is typically more on the dry side and washing it with a soap / scrub dries it out. 
You could try to use some of those products every other day rather than using alllll of them together daily, but I think the biggest thing is to just really pay attention to the way your skin is reacting to certain products. Another thing is, the more products you use, the more difficult it can be to tell which products are doing what to your face. For example, if I used more than 1 hydrating serum / moisturizer, it might be hard to tell which one reacts better with my skin, which one I like more, and if one of them is unnecessary because alone it actually doesn’t do much. Hopefully that makes sense.
Keep 1 product for each skin step and any extra products switch off. So have 1 product for each of the following: 

1. to clean (I use a toner or face wash/scrub as needed if oily)

2. To hydrate

3. To treat (retinol, vitamin c serums, etc.)

4. Moisturize

5. SPF (for daytime of course) 

Re: Routine...

I just developed a solid skin care routine about a year ago now and have absolutely loved watching my skin improve - makes you feel good from the inside out! Also just such a healthy, important thing to make self care a habit everyday! Here are a list of products I use in the A.M. and P.M. and in the order I use them in (first on list being the first product I apply to my face). Hope this helps! 

MORNING: 

1. OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH™ Dark Spot Toner 6.5 oz/ 190 mL 

2. The INKEY List Collagen Booster Firming Peptide Serum 

3. The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 

4. Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 

NIGHTTIME:

1. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel 60 Treatments 

2. The INKEY List Retinol Anti-Aging Serum 

3. Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate 1.7 oz/ 50 ml 

OTHER products I use occasionally 1-3x / week at NIGHT:

Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Mask 

Saturday Skin Yuzu Vitamin C Sleep Mask 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors