cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Rosacea

Hello! 

I just recently had rosacea crop up in the last few months. I’m really struggling to find both a face scrub and a facial mask that is gentle on my skin. I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations? 

thanks! 

Re: Rosacea

Hey!! I would recommend you stay away from abrasive scrubs with granules in them -- especially since you have rosacea. The granules create micro-tears in your skin which can make it susceptible to wrinkles, sun damage, and acne. Instead, I would suggest a more gentle water-based cleanser which cleans the skin without all the negatives that come with using a scrub. If you're looking for cheaper, but still very effective options (I know I always am!!!), then you should definitely try the Inkey list Fulvic Acid cleanser. It gives you the exfoliation without the abrasive nature of scrubs. If you are looking for an exfoliating product aside from your cleanser, I would go for the Paula's choice BHA exfoliating treatment. When I use it, I can physically see my pores become smaller. If you're looking for a cheaper one, you can use the Inkey list Beta Hydroxy Acid Serum which is just as effective!!! Hope this helps ❤️

Re: Rosacea

hey! fellow rosacea-having person here. in my experience and according to my dermatologist, BHA products and rosacea don’t mix very well. rosacea makes the skin more sensitized, and BHA products are very harsh in most cosmetic formulations. especially if you don’t use sunscreen, a chemical exfoliant without the approval of a dermatologist is a really bad idea. also, a good sunscreen recommendation for rosacea is the black girl sunscreen! it’s spf 35 broad spectrum and available at target! it is chemical, but it’s very nourishing and gentle. rosacea gets worsened by the sun, so if nothing else, it’s a treatment in and of itself ❤️

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing