Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Retinol

How often to use retino? Every day or every other day? I'm applying it twice a week and didn't show any reaction. I'm using YTTP formula.

image.jpg

Re: Retinol

@zanie22   If you’ve had no reaction to retinol using it twice weekly try increasing it to three times a week and if you’re still doing great the following week try it every second day for a few weeks.  a gradual increase is ideal to avoid a reaction.  you always want to build up a tolerance.

a reaction normally occurs because retinol increases cell turnover while simultaneously exfoliating and it can take a while for the cell turnover to catch up to the exfoliating.  So you want to go slowly and treat the retinol as an exfoliating treatment until your cell turnover increases (it normally takes around 2-3 months) 

also don’t forget to wear sunscreen everyday as retinol causes photosensitivity 😉 

That's so important @zanie22, spf is a must if you use chemical exfoliators or Retinols. @heartsmyface that was a great explanation.

I aim for Retinol 2-3 nights (that's the best mix for my skin and age) a week and use The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + Copper Peptides 1% Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL the other nights. 

Thank you for your advice! 👌☺️

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg
testing