Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Reduced BMI= reduced acne?

Has anyone else noticed that losing weight makes their skin better? I've been working my butt off at the gym and eating right and took off 18 pounds and what a difference it has made in my face! I don't even use concealer anymore except for undereye circles. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just crazy?

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions

Exercising has long been known to improve skin health. Al...

Exercising has long been known to improve skin health. All that blood moving through your body helps remove toxins and the additional oxygen that is provided to your cells helps them work better. Plus the healthy eating provides many nutrients to nourish your skin.

The only thing to watch out for (which you are obviously doing) is to make sure that you get the perspiration off your skin promptly so you don't get bacne and cause skin flareups. The extra oil and perspiration that happens when you exercise are good breeding grounds for bacteria.

Congrats on the hard work that you have put in to lose 18 pounds and improve your body!

All Replies

Exercising has long been known to improve skin health. Al...

Exercising has long been known to improve skin health. All that blood moving through your body helps remove toxins and the additional oxygen that is provided to your cells helps them work better. Plus the healthy eating provides many nutrients to nourish your skin.

The only thing to watch out for (which you are obviously doing) is to make sure that you get the perspiration off your skin promptly so you don't get bacne and cause skin flareups. The extra oil and perspiration that happens when you exercise are good breeding grounds for bacteria.

Congrats on the hard work that you have put in to lose 18 pounds and improve your body!

Eating poorly can make your skin worse in general.  One r...

Eating poorly can make your skin worse in general.  One reason why your skin got better with a lower BMI is that you are consuming more good fats with anti-inflammatory properties and less bad fats with pro-inflammatory qualities.

Drinking more water is also super calming and cleansing for skin.

Glad you are having great skin days!!!!!

I've always noticed the healthier I eat the better my ski...

I've always noticed the healthier I eat the better my skin is. For example for my entire child and pre teen life I was overweight. I always had acne and skin color discolaration to. However my sister ate just as much as me and she was thin, I thought it was very unfair. Currently I'm 16, 5'3" and 110lbs though. My skin looks very healthy because that's how I eat and I work out. I have a nutrtionist who helps me. My sister is about the same size as me now, she's 2 years older. However even though she is thin her skin has a lot of acne, oil and discoloaration even though we use similar skin products and a similar routine. I've tried convincing her it's all the junk she eats but she won't except my help. I try to tell her she needs to eat healthy, excersise and exfoliate but she never does. Oh well I try. If she get's wrinkles at 23 it's not my fault.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors