Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Redness

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone has products for redness or more specifically rosacea? I've had it all my life but recently it's been flaring up quite a bit more. I have combo blemish prone skin.

Re: Redness

@Maddie2550 , I have acne-prone combination skin. I like the Dermalogica Ultracalming line, specifically Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser 8.4 oz/ 250 mL , Dermalogica Barrier Defense Booster Ultra Calming , Dermalogica Calm Water Gel Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL , and Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF30. I have begun having chemical peels to treat my acne and early signs of aging. This product lineup calms my sensitive skin following a peel like nothing else, reducing redness and restoring moisture. 

Dr. Jart's cicapair line really helps with redness and soothing skin

Are you looking to cover or treat/calm the redness?

Ill tell you what works for my sensitive/reactive skin:

Elf Daily Face Cleanser

Elf Hello Hydration face cream

Elf Nourishing Night cream

By the way, even if Elf is cheaper in price, it has awesome products.

No.7 Lift and Luminate Triple Action Day Cream

Paula's Choice Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 (tinted lotion for normal to oily skin).

The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA (good for skin barrier)

Most recent purchase: Lancer Skincare for Sensitive-Dehydrated skin (indicated for redness), i bought a starter bundle from Shoppers Drug Mart, i only used it once so far, but it feels reeally nice).

Tatcha exfoliating cleanser: it cleanse well and doesnt strip my skin at all (i have combo skin)

Foundation: Almay (walmart). Almay is good for sensitive and aging skin.

I very much discourage people to try to fully cover redness(i did that for years), because the more we add to our skin, the more we have to cleanse, and all that makes the skin react even more. So for foundation, i would more suggest light to medium coverage, because then you can add more coverage with a powder.

I would also suggest a moisturizer thats good with sensitive skin, a serum (some serums have specific benefits), and a good cleanser.

The CeraVE AM and PM moisturizer really helped me a lot with my dryness due to Rosacea.

Redness

milk makeup cooling water?
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing