Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Redness/Large Pores/Combo/Acne Prone/Sensitive Skincare Rec?

Hi All!

I'm in my early 30s and I've had redness/large around my nose/cheeks area for most of my life. I am sick of trying to cover this up with makeup. I want to 'cure' it instead of covering it up.

My skin is also combo and acne prone and sensitive. I'd like to stay away from fragrances and extra irritants, and keep things less costly with maybe 1 high-end skincare item-maybe serum? I don't know which skincare piece has the most bang for the buck.

I know Drunk Elephant is all the rage right now but it is $$$. Looking for maybe a Juice Beauty or Mario Badascu or Paula's Choice or even a Drunk Elephant rec if it is worth it.

My current skincare routine now is:

AM

wash with Cetaphil cleanser

tone with rosewater and glycerin

CeraVe daily moisturizer with spf

apply makeup

PM

wash with Cetaphil cleanser

tone with rosewater and glycerin or use peter thomas roth cucumber mask before toner

nighttime moisturizer-lately Cetaphil cream

I use the Origins Charcoal mask for spot treatment on blemishes overnight when I have them and they just about clear up the next day.

TIA!

Re: Redness/Large Pores/Combo/Acne Prone/Sensitive Skincare Rec?

Try a natural cream that has Sea Buckthorn oil in it. This is what I used when I was first diagnosed with Rosacea. I used it for a year until my redness went away. Now I just use the medicine to keep in check. And my cheeks and nose a mostly just pink. I am very happy. I take very good care of my skin. You must hydrate your skin. Try not to use products with alcohol.

Hi- I have acne/rosacea and it was hard to get a hold over it. I love the Peter Thomas Roth cucumber products to help calm my skin on hot summer days, but found they weren't ideal for maintaining good moisture for my combo/sensitive skin.

i really like the OleHenriksen truth serum, sheer transformation moisturizer and the nurture me creme for overnight. They seem to keep my complexion clear and the vitamin c seems to even out the redness. 

I would suggest looking into Sunday Rileys UFO Serum and Their new new Saturn Mask . Ive been using for about a two weeks now and notice that my enlarged pores are shrinking, it does purge you skin for the first week because its cleansing you skin from imputes and excessive oil(I have a oily combo skin) they currently have a Three piece set that includes a toner that also works wonders! its about $65 not sure if thats above your budget but its work its. I've used Sunday Rileys products and their previous set I purchased lasted up 4 months so you do get your moneys worth and a little goes along way! Hope this helps your and your needs (:

https://www.sephora.com/product/space-race-fight-acne-P422627?skuId=1973627&icid2=products%20grid:p4...

One of the best skincare for your type can be Tatcha. Their products are pricey,but they worth it.They made specifically for differnet skin issues but also for sensitive skin,and their products are non-comedogenic,so you will not break out.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing