Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Red Skin

I'm looking for good skincare products to help with red skin. My redness is caused by Rosacea and I'm looking for ways to help reduce it not just cover it up. Please let me know any tips or what products worked for you!

Re: Red Skin

Clinique redness solutions cleanser is AMAZING. Use it twice a day and you will see results! I use it with the Sephora cleanser brush so I'm gently exfoliating too, since my old exfoliator is just too hard on my skin these days. As far as moisturizer, Caudalie's vinomoisturizer sorbet does a great job when my skin is feeling really sensitive. For SPF, I use Lancome's Bienfait line (works great), or Bobbi Brown's BB cream with SPF 35--neither of these have irritated my skin in the past. 

Re: Red Skin

Hey @julezeey I have rosacea too. What worked for me was starting with a gentle serum (the First Aid Beauty Hydrating Serum has been a standby for a long time), a gentle moisturizer (you can pick here- I used Cerave for a long time but now use Drunk Elephant), and a gentle exfoliant (I use the Paula's Choice 2% BHA but their Calm line is great for rosacea), seeing what my skin could take, and gradually increasing from there. I also think sunscreen is key since sun exposure is a trigger for a lot us with rosacea. You might like to try a mineral one first since people with rosacea can be sensitive to chemical sunscreens. From Sephora, I've used and liked the Kate Somerville mineral sunscreen, but it does have a white cast. The right sunscreen depends a lot on your skin type and preferences.

I think it is worth learning and keeping track of what else triggers your flare ups so you can cut down on those things- i.e. do certain types of food set you off more than others? Etc.

In terms of covering up the redness, green color correctors can be of help. Urban Decay's are my fave. MUFE also does a green primer. That way, you won't have to use as much foundation/concealer. I also found that certain blush colors made me look redder so I avoided them and started to switch it up.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing