Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Recommendations for irritation due to surgical mask wear at work

As a nurse I am wearing a mask - not always N95- for 12 hours straight. They itch and irritate the skin. Are there any recommendations for a cream/balm that may help protect?

Re: Recommendations for irritation due to surgical mask wear at work

@FLOBRN 

I assume you mean to wear when you get home? 
Skinfix Eczema+ Dermatitis Face Balm 0.48 oz/ 13.5 mL

woulc be my recommendation.  

Re: Recommendations for irritation due to surgical mask wear at work

@FLOBRN First, thank you for serving as a health care practitioner, especially during these times. I know what it's like to wear a mask/respirator full time for work and it is not fun. If you can talk with a dermatologist, that would always be best.

I can think of a few things that help post mask, but not sure how they would work pre-masking. There's a few masks that are calming, like REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask, or ORIGINS - Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Face Mask. The Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve 1.6 oz/ 46 g really helps add a layer of moisture and protect the skin.

To build up the skin, I'd use things like ceramides and Vitamin C. Make sure you're hydrating. And maybe mist throughout the day, as you can.

If you're experiencing post mask acne but not too much skin breakage, the Origins Original Skin™ Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL can help reduce those once they're formed as well as calm skin and help with redness, but it's slightly exfoliating.

Good luck!!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing