Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Recommendations for Plumping & Hydrating

After weeks of slathering my face with thick moisturizers, I finally figured it out: my isn't is dry, it's dehydrated. Really, really, really dehydrated. From my medication and the Chicago winter, specifically, I do drink a lot of water. So, friends, what do you use to quench thirsty skin?

I'm currently using the MISSHA First Treatment Essence as a toner, and then going in with the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater before my moisturizer and squalene oil, along with the Fresh Youth Preserve Rescue Mask every third day, but it isn't giving me the water levels I need.

Tags:

Recommendations for Plumping & Hydrating

I second the facial oil! But I would also recommend both the Lancome Energie de Vie day cream and overnight mask. They're pretty spendy, but I haven't found anything that rehydrates my skin as good as these products do! They were life changers when it came to my skin!

Re: Recommendations for Plumping & Hydrating

Hey, I work in skin at Sephora Crocker Park! Dehydrated skin can be so frustrating!! Are you exfoliating?  A lot of times, if the skin is not exfoliated, there is dead skin sitting on the surface that will not let all of your other products sink in. 

Hey there! I actually figured out that I was exfoliating too much recently, which was why I was becoming dehydrated. It seems I've done some damage to my skin barrier and now I have to start knitting it back together. 😞

I've found Laneige products to really work well with my skin. My lips have been so dehydrated no matter how much water I drink, but their lip sleeping mask solved that within a week! They also carry a lot of facial products and moisturizers as well! Personally, I have oily skin, but they carry stuff for all skin types. 🙂

Good to know! I just ordered the Laneige samples kit this weekend, so I'm looking forward to trying it. I already use a lip mask (Bite Beauty's Agave Mask), and unfortunately, the Laneige Sleeping Mask caused me to break out even though I only used it once a week, but I'm really looking forward to using the Water Essence and the Hydrating Toner.

@fringebride Add a facial oil. Josie Maran Argan Oil and Kona Noni Glow are great for dehydrated skin. 

@fringebride Use your Missha as the first essence in the “7 skin method”. It’s my first Essence in my routine. I then follow with Pyungkang Yul (available at ohlolly.com for $16). This will give your skin the ultimate hydration you need. I’ll post the link where we all discuss this method along with all K Beauty. It truly works!!! You can also search Gothamista on YouTube. She goes into great detail about this method and it’s benefits. ❤️❤️❤️

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Korean-Beauty-East-Meets-West-Skincare-Edition/m-p/3...

I heard really good things about the Pyungkang Yul essence, so I'll definitely look into purchasing it.

Also, thank you so much for recommending Gothamista! Her channel is a treasure trove of products and information, and I've been just watching video after video.

@fringebride Yay! So glad to hear that! After Gothamista, move on to Stephanie Nicole. She has a ridiculous amount of knowledge of skincare and breaks everything down for us. I’ve learned a lot from those two and reading up on medical journals. ❤️❤️❤️

RE: Recommendations for Plumping & Hydrating

The Sephora collection Rose face mask is very hydrating and inexpensive

@fringebride, two great options from Sephora are: Perricone MD Cloud Cream, and Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench.  Look for a cream or gel with hyaluronic acid in it.  I hope you get some other recommendations! 

I'll be sure to check those out, thanks for the suggestions!

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing