Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Recommend skincare and lip care

I’m looking for the whole sha bang! Lip scrubs and balms. Face scrubs and moisturizer and masks. I have dry lips and combo skin leaning more dry especially in the chin and cheek area. With the sale coming up I was hoping to find someone could recommend me products that will work for me!

Re: Recommend skincare and lip care

I have combo skin: oily nose area, kinda normal forehead (leans dry in the winter, becomes more “normal” in the summer), and dry everywhere else. My routine’s mostly about hydration, moisturization, antioxidants to help protect my skin and lift my large hyperpigmentation patches, keeping my pores (especially in my oily zone) free of gunk, boosting radiance, and sun protection—all without making my finicky skin throw tantrums. 

Here’s my entire skincare routine: 

It’s really not as complex as it might seem at first glance. :D AM in particular is very quick and efficient.It’s really not as complex as it might seem at first glance. 😄 AM in particular is very quick and efficient.

Planned routine tweaks in the near future: 

• I might phase out the Indie Lee toner in favor of the e.l.f. essence, which I use as a toner/essence hybrid. The e.l.f. product has already replaced May Coop Raw Sauce, my former favorite essence. 
  • I’ve been ramping up my retinol usage for the past 8 weeks. I began at 1x/week. I’m working up to 4 or 5x a week. 
  • Once my Biossance eye gel is used up, I’ll try replacing it with my PM undereye moisturizer routine. I LOVE that eye cream but I don’t think I need it. 

I’ll try tagging all the Sephora-available products in another reply. 

Let’s see if I can tag products tonight! (Tagging is glitchy sometimes.) 

Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover 4.2 oz/ 125 mL

Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil 3.4 oz / 100 mL

TARTE - Micellar Magic Makeup Remover & Cleanser

LANCôME - Bi-Facil Face Bi-Phased Micellar Water Face Makeup Remover & Cleanser

Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner 4.2 oz/ 125 mL

FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA

FOREO - LUNA™ mini 2

The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original

THE ORDINARY - Buffet

ORIGINS - Clear Improvement® Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores

PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots

DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum

Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL

KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mL

Supergoop! AcaiFusion Lip Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 30 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Youth To The People Superfood Firm and Brighten Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

COOLA - Mineral Face SPF 30 - Matte Tint

COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL

fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm Translucent

I can’t tag Biossance Squalane + Peptides Eye Gel, but Sephora does sell it: https://www.sephora.com/product/squalane-peptide-eye-gel-P416562?icid2=similar%20products:p416562:product

@smittenskitten 

Here are my go to products for dry skin that I use everyday:

Origins frothy face wash and I add the Origins Ginzeng scrub 3 times a week, Tatcha/SKII Essence, Fresh Rose Hydration Toner, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Leanne Grace Beauty oil for day and The ordinary Rose Hip Oil at night, Kiehls daily concentrate for day and midnight recovery concentrate at night, Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum for day, J.One Firming serum, Tatcha overnight concentrate at night, Tatcha eye cream , Tatca renewal cream at night and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration cream for day (I like to mix Coola SPF drops into the moisturizer for extra sun protection) or use Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen.  To seal in everything and to add more hydration I like adding Youth To the People Glow Oil.  I have had a lot of trial and error with my skin and all these products have helped my skin a lot. 

Lip scrub and balm- Fresh sugar lip polish and Laneige lips mask, Laneige lip balm, Kopari lip balm. 

Overnight mask-Youth to the People Hydrate and Glow Dream Mask and J. One black jelly pack. 

RE: Recommend skincare and lip care

Cleanser: soy face cleanser from Fresh Exfoliate: tatcha the rice polish gentle Mask: jet lag by summer Friday’s Toner: fresh rose deep hydration Serum: glow recipe pineapple bright serum Moisturizer: lotus youth preserve by fresh Mist: glow recipe watermelon facial mist Lip mask: laneige berry lip sleeping mask Lip balm: laneige berry lip glow balm Hope this helps!

I like the glamglow lip scrub! Also la Niege lip mask is wonderful, I use at night but ask sometimes I use it under lip color, especially a matte liquid color that tends to feel dry. Helps a lot! Just a little bit goes a long way!

jouer sugar lip scrub followed with any flavor Laniege lip sleep mask is my go-to combo!

For moisturizer, I recommend the IT Cosmetics Secret Sauce. I use a pea sized amount, but you can use whatever amount you need to cover your whole face. Sometimes I add a drop of a facial oil and just mix them together. I also liked using IT Cosmetics Miracle Water, because I'm lazy and don't want to have to rinse off cleansers. It's easy to use and I think it worked well with the Secret Sauce. A caveat, I only use the Miracle Water to cleanse my face of sunscreen and daily grime. I don't wear face makeup on a daily basis. The Confidence in a Cleanser might work better if you need to remove foundation, etc. For lips, I'm currently using the LA MER Lip Volumizer. It's a "serum-inspired lip treatment." That description alone sold me on the product. The doe foot applicator is rounded and feels very plush. It's a light pink shade, but there's no color. It goes on glossy.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • It’s really not as complex as it might seem at first glance. :D AM in particular is very quick and efficient.
testing