Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Recap: NYC Hydration Happy Hour with Caudalie 3/20/2019

Thanks to @BrendaBT  and the @SephoraBIC team, I had the great opportunity to attend the launch preview of @caudalie 's latest moisturizer CAUDALIE - Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Moisturizer.  The event was held at the brand's Manhattan office; guests enjoyed a beautiful spread of fruits, cheeses and veggies, accompanied by wine from the founders' family vineyard, and sampled the new moisturizer from displays along the room's perimeter. 

Caudalie Banner.jpg

Spoiler

Alongside the product displays, the event staff had prepared little sample jars of the Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration moisturizer, to which guests can help themselves.  Using about half a pea-sized amount in the morning and night, I finished my sample over 4 consecutive days and would like to offer my initial impressions of this new product:

Sample of the Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration moisturizerSample of the Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration moisturizer

Brand claims:  This product is marketed towards those with dehydrated and sensitive skin types.  Key ingredients are grape polyphenols, grape water, squalane oil and borage oil.  

My skin type:  Combination, leaning towards dry; highly sensitive to external and internal aggressors. 

Formulation:  It's encouraging to see that the star ingredients feature fairly high towards the front of the ingredients list.  The bonus moisturizing ingredients, such as glycerin and sodium hyaluronate are also a plus.  This is certainly a personal preference, but I was thrilled to see that this is silicone-free.  The inclusion of synthetic fragrance is unfortunate, however, this product is listed as a Clean product per Sephora's guidelines, which means synthetic fragrance constitutes less than 1% of the ingredients.

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Moisturizer ingredients list.Caudalie Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Moisturizer ingredients list.

Texture:  This moisturizer feels rich, plush, and emollient; a little definitely goes a long way!  As it is a thicker cream, it does require an extra minute of massaging to fully absorb into the skin, but after doing so, it settles to a glowy finish and does not feel heavy.  It is lightly scented with Caudalie's signature sweet grape scent, but the fragrance quickly dissipates after application.  

Performance:  From my brief experience with the product, I definitely do agree with the claims that this moisturizer is suitable for sensitive skin.  Within minutes of application, it visibly settled redness; my skin appeared firmer, plumper.  It performed well, without any pilling, under my sunscreen and tinted moisturizer.  

Conclusion:  The Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration moisturizer is a solidly-performing, well-formulated addition to the Caudalie family.  I enjoyed my little sample tremendously and will be purchasing the full-size for my winter skincare line-up.  

Finally, I would like to reiterate my thanks for this opportunity.  While I am grateful for the many events to which I have been invited as a BIC member, this one was particularly meaningful as my very first skincare purchase was with Caudalie, while living overseas.  The brand recalls very fond, personal memories; I'm looking forward to future releases and seeing where it will go next.  🙂

Tags:

Re: Recap: NYC Hydration Happy Hour with Caudalie 3/20/2019

What an excellent recap @MlleCC - love how you included photos of the delicious treats as well as highlighted the ingredients that make the SOS stand out. Thank you 😊

J'adore! Merci beaucoup for joining us for this fun night & for this beautiful post. Loved having you there to be one of the first to try SOS! 💘🍇🆘

This looks like it was a great event, @MlleCC. Wine plus skincare? It's like the perfect combo! Thank you for your thoughts on the new moisturizer. I love most Caudalie products and it sounds like this is a good addition to the lineup! 

@quspork love this! Who doesn't love wine + skincare? 🍇 Merci for the support!

@MlleCC Thank you for sharing! I love Caudalie products. My favorite product is the CAUDALIE - Premier Cru Eye Cream.

@PenelopeBT one of our favorites too! We like to call it photoshop for the eyes 😉🍇

@MlleCC Thank you so much for sharing! I truly enjoyed reading about your experience and review about the moisturizer 🙂 

@BrendaBT Merci for the love! 🍇

Thank you for sharing @MlleCC!

@MlleCC Thanks for the updates! It sounds like it was a fun event. The cream looks interesting 

@skcfan merci! Hope you get the chance to try it soon - we'd love to hear what you think! 🍇

@MlleCC Thank you for sharing. The moisturizer seems to fit my skin needs. 

@SportyGirly125 We hope so! Can't wait to hear what you think 🍇🆘

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 49 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos6
  • Caudalie Banner.jpg
  • 10/10 would recommend the SOS Deep Hydration cream for sensitive skins!
  • Delicious spread of healthy snacks and wine.
  • My goodie bag included a French Kiss lip balm and a travel-sized Grape Water spray.
  • Sample of the Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration moisturizer
  • Caudalie Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Moisturizer ingredients list.
testing