Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Really need help with my irritated skin. It's red and full of blemishes.

For a reason that I don't know, my skin is awful. It's red, spotty, blutchy and discolored.

I used products for sensitive skin, used natural products and masks. Nothing worked.

I feel like I need a severe calming treatment but I don't know where to start.

I've tried moisturising my skin too and it made it oilier and didn't fix the problem at all.

When I touch my skin, there's no bumbs, no acne. It's velvet like. but when I look at myself in the mirror. It's where the nightmare is.

I don't want to cover it up with makeup, I want to treat the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe you have rosacea......your skin can still be smooth...

Maybe you have rosacea......your skin can still be smooth. I have rosacea and do not get bumps...but very red and inflamed sometimes. Heat, spicy foods, alcohol can be triggers. A dermatologist could help you. Too much products can aggravate it. I use a simple skin care routine and believe me, it helps....less is more in my case. Good luck.

What products did you use for sensitive skin?  The best t...

What products did you use for sensitive skin?  The best thing is probably seeing a dermatologist to figure out what is wrong.

I agree with bridalwreath and gordokim, you should see a...

I agree with bridalwreath and gordokim, you should see a dermatologist for the best solution.  In the meantime, have you tried any products for redness??  Off the top of my head I know Philosophy has the Keep The Peace line and Murad, Bare Ecsentuals, and Clinique also have lines for redness.  I like Josie Maran's Argan Oil for a wide variety of skin concerns like acne, sunburn, windburn, and preventing scars, maybe it would help with your redness as well.  Just a few ideas!!  Best wishes!!

you may indeed need to see a derm - could have a sensitiv...

you may indeed need to see a derm - could have a sensitivity to something in the environment.  I agree about the diet issue - spicy can trigger.  Drink plenty of water.  Chamomille is very calming so you might even try making some tea, letting it cool and swiping some over your face with a cotton ball at night.  

I also secind the idea of less is best.  Keep your routiine light. You might be sensitive to the acne medication in your cleanser.  Switch to one without it and give it 6 weeks.  Try using the cleanser only in the evening, gently rubbing fro 60 seconds, rinse with a washcloth, splash and pat dry.  Put on a light moisturizer right away- Olay makes a nice one for sensitive skin.  Don't use any scrubs!  Spot treat using a cotton swab and some natual acne medication like Burts Bees. 

I second the others -- definitely, definitely see a derm...

I second the others -- definitely, definitely see a derm -- do not try to diagnose and treat yourself. It could be a reaction to something you are using, or it could be rosacea or another type of irritation. Eiither way, I think the decision re: what should be done is best left to professionals.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors