Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

QUESTIONS.

Hi there! 🙂 I have a few to several skin questions... 

- Is REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Barrier Support Antioxidant Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL considered sunscreen for day time? 

- I came across someone's skincare routine and it says "Exfoliator: Kate Somerville Exfolikate" which product would that person be referring to??

- Is Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Mini Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel 2 oz/ 60 mL water-based?

- Is Youth To The People Mini Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 2 oz/ 59 mL water-based? 

- Is Kate Somerville Mini ExfoliKate� Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash 1.7 oz/ 50 mL an exfoliator or a cleanser?

- Is Kate Somerville EradiKate Overnight Lotion 1 oz/ 30 mL considered a moisturizer or treatment?

- Is Kate Somerville Mini Liquid ExfoliKate® Triple Acid Resurfacing Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL water-based & a treatment?

- Are moisturizers, creams, lotions (for face) all considered the same thing?

- Is SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion Toner 5.1 oz worth the price? Can it help with acne scars & blemishes, pigmentation?

Thank you... sorry for so many questions. 

Much love. 

Re: QUESTIONS.

Hi @danibear13 ! Kate Somerville is one of my favourite brands, so I will definetely be able to help you out!

The Exfolikate is an exfoliator, which helps remove dead skin cells that could cause build up or clogged pores.

The EradiKate cleanser is a face wash and I highly, highly recommend it!

I hope this helps! please let me know if you have any other questions, have an amazing day! ❤️

Hey @danibear13 I'll try to answer as many as I can! 

1) REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Barrier Support Antioxidant Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL it NOT and SPF. The REN SPF is REN Clean Skincare Clean Screen Mattifying Face Sunscreen SPF 30 

2) Exfolikate is an entire line from Kate Somerville so it depends where in the routine that was. There's both a cleanser (wash off) and treatment (leave on) version. The cleanser then has a three version gentle, daily and twice a week.

3) yes the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Mini Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel 2 oz/ 60 mL is a water based cleanser 

4) yes the Youth To The People Mini Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 2 oz/ 59 mL is a water based cleanser 

5) the Kate Somerville Mini ExfoliKate� Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is an exfoliating cleanser. It is a cleanser with an chemical exfoliant in it.

6) the Kate Somerville EradiKate Overnight Lotion 1 oz/ 30 mL is a moisturizer with a chemical exfoliant in it. If you find it is not moisturizing enough you can layer a moisturizer before or after this.

7) the Kate Somerville Mini Liquid ExfoliKate® Triple Acid Resurfacing Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL is a water based treatment (serum)

😎 yes moisturizers, creams, lotions (for face) are all considered the same thing. They usually describe texture - cream is a bit thicker, lotion is a bit thinner.

9) skincare is extremely personal so you'll likely find some people who find the SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion Toner 5.4 oz worth it and others who don't. The primary ingredient in the SKII is galactomyces filtrate which is said to help with fine lines, skin brightening and anti aging but there are less scientific studies behind it. If you have the budget for it try it but there are tons of other similar products and other ingredients with more research. 

I think i got it all 😊 hope that helps. 

wow thank you so so so much!!!! 

as for the kate somerville exfolikate, it said only sunday’s and wednesday’s NIGHT - so i’m not sure what exact product of the exfoliate line of kate somerville it would be... 

@danibear13 my best guess would it be one of the two products listed below 

Both would be effective - they have similar ingredients and effects just different use. The pore exfoliating is a wash off and the resurfacing is a leave on.

EJ14e_bXsAAUDMc.jpg.   Hi there, so this isn't my skincare routine although i want to copy it. Such as do the same routine that is, so if you look in the photo i attached, number 3, i'm curious to know what exact product of Kate Somerville she is referring to for the exfoliator. It wouldn't be Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL  would it? Please help me out, please and thank you! 🙂 ❤️

@danibear13 Based on where it is in that routine it looks like it is the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Intensive Exfoliating Treatment 2 oz  - the wash off one.

Couple notes I'd call out if you are looking at mimicing someone elses routine:

• Skin is deeply personal and what works for someone else may not work for you
  • Don't introduce everything new at once - if something ends up irritating you won't be able to tell what it is
  • The routine isn't clear but I wouldn't recommend using the exfolikate and the Good Genes on the same day 
  •  You'll also want to tailor some products based on your exposure and experience with tehm - specifically the retinol and the exfoliants 
  • Clairsonic has shut down so I don't believe their products are available anymore 

@meou ok wow, thank you oh so much for helping me out and you raised some verrrrry excellent points. such as everyones skin can react and be different with such products so if i want to use that routine, slooowly gradually start it cause if i have some sort of reaction i'll know what product the reaction is from instead of doing the whole routine right away and my skin on my face just blows up on fire type of thing and masssive reaction, which i wouldn't want, so i could know what product causes irritation by slowly starting that routine... and yesss, the routine isn't clear at all of what products to be exact. And no no, i wouldn't use exfolikate or Good Genes on the same day/night at all. It's not that amazing of a routine i gotta say cause it's not clear enough and lots of things in it can interfere like exfolikate and good genes. any exfoliants/acids/aha-bha stuff are no no's together. thank you so much for your hep and yes, clarisonic has shut down but thankfully i have a cleanser machine by them... and from what i know, i cannot find the cetaphil antibacterial soap anywhere so i have a theory that's discontinued... anyways, thx for the help! ❤️

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • EJ14e_bXsAAUDMc.jpg
testing