Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Purging vs. Breakouts - Caudalie Vinoperfect Line

I recently started using the Caudalie Vinoperfect products (essence, serum, and overnight cream). I noticed that my skin has been breaking out and I think it’s due to these products. I’m wondering if my breakouts are due to purging since two of the Vinoperfect products contain glycolic acid. For anyone who has utilized these or similar products and experienced breakouts, did your skin eventually get accustomed to the products or did you have to discontinue use?

RE: Purging vs. Breakouts - Caudalie Vinoperfect Line

Ahh caudalie.... check and see if there is denatured alcohol high in the ingredient list. This will send your skin into a tailspin and put the oil glands in overdrive. Clinique loves to use alcohol too , and it makes me mad!

Re: Purging vs. Breakouts - Caudalie Vinoperfect Line

Usually, you'll experience purging when you've added AHAs (such as glycolic acids). However, the main difference b/w purging and normal breakouts are that purging will occur in areas that you usually get acne, like your forehead or cheeks. But, if the acne is appearing in areas that you normally don't get it, that can be a sign that your skin is being negatively affected by the product. I suggest to continue to use the products for a couple of weeks and see how your skin is doing. If you skin hasn't gotten better in around 3-4 weeks, it's time to ditch the product. 🙂

These products caused me to break out too. I discontinued use after trying for three weeks to adjust.

As it’s been said already, try picking just one of those products to use for a week or so without the others and see what you notice happening. I use the essence and it doesn’t cause me to break out and I don’t recall noticing any purging happening when I first started using it. I’m sure this varies by person but if it helps at all, my purging looks like little tiny whiteheads all over my forehead and other places, while breaking out from a product is more like irritated larger whiteheads. Maybe if you can notice a difference like that you’ll be able to identify the difference more easily in the future, it took me awhile but I figured it out for myself. Best of luck.

I just started using both and never broke out and now o have bumps on my forehead and a large pimple on my chin. How is it working out for you now?

I am experiencing the same. I started using the toner a couple of months ago,  and I bought the skin brightening set a few weeks later. My skin is usually clear so I thought this is a nice clean way to maintain it. I noticed breakouts when I used the toner, but I also had  finals that time so I blamed on stress.  However, it got worse after it. The skin on my chin and jawline got dry and full of painful cystic acne, a couple of new ones daily. I never even got acne as a teenager, and now my face is broken out. I looked up the ingredients on each bottle, and all the products have either a retinol or a peeling acid. The concentration may be low individually, but I used all the steps as suggested,  and together the products are something else. My skin cell turnover is high, and the  result is pretty bad.  The set is nice, but I have to space the products out or use one at a time.  They say skin purge last 2-6 weeks and your skin is great after that,  but who has got the time for that. I hope applying the stuff every other day will help, otherwise I just spent a lot of money for nothing.  

@lorasu08 I'm a devotee of the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance serum with combo skin and never experienced any purging whatsoever. The overnight cream is a bit rich so if it's just that, the cream might just be too much for your skin. The essence is newer and I've had less experience with it, but the glycolic acid concentration isn't that high.I'd try using just one product at a time for a bit to find the culprit, the short answer might just be that your skin isn't a fan and it's more of a sensitivity/reaction than a purge.

RE: Re: Purging vs. Breakouts - Caudalie Vinoperfect Line

Your comment about the rich night cream is so true - I use the serum daily but when I used the overnight cream, I woke up to oily bumps on my forehead and around my nose each time. Using the essence actually made my skin smoother, especially in conjunction with the serum but I haven’t been consistent with its use (too many other products to try!)

The same thing happened to me when I was using a Glamglow product (cleanser and moisturizer) and my face broke out really bad. I had patches of dry skin on my face everywhere. I stopped using the products and went back to my regular routine and it took my skin 2 weeks to completely heal. I would suggest to take note of the ingredients in those products that work or do not work for your skin so that way you can at least narrow down would ingredients are sensitive to your skin.

I've tried the serum and the overnight cream and neither have caused purging. I don't think the glycolic acid content is high enough to cause purging. I'd recommend you stop using these products. Or you could introduce one at a time to figure out which is causing this issue. 

Some people are sensitive to essences.

I use many Caudalie products and have very sensitive skin. But I have never had a problem with any of their products. However, it can be very different from person to person. if you think the products are having adverse effects on your skin, by all means, stop using the products and see what happens. better safe than sorry.
Anonymous Insider

I use just the Brightening essence and my skin did become accustomed to it.

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing