Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Product recommendations for acne??

I have oily combo acne prone skin. I've been using Murad clarifying cleanser and the acne clearing solution [followed by belif aqua bomb in the morning and korres night cream at night] for months now — and although this regime does stop new breakouts from forming my cheeks are still red all the time and my acne scars haven't faded either. Overall murad products don't seem to have an amazing effect on my skin. Can you guys please recommend some effective products to calm the redness and also a serum or something for the scars??!

RE: Product recommendations for acne??

Neostrata gel cleanser $18~24 at shopper drug mart its higher brand drug store. Made in quebec. Its really famous in Hong Kong right now.

Re: Product recommendations for acne??

You need to make a night skincare regimen with all these steps and it will work for you, it worked for me and for a lot of girls with the same problems... You need to let the products penetrate in to your skin, so wait 5-10 minutes between every step..

-Exfoliate your face 2-3 times per week, you need an exfoliator according to your need. You can use the Vasanti Brighten Up! Exfoliating Cleanser

-Use a mask once or twice per week, could be of tea tree, use masks for oily skin or for scarring.

NightRoutine

1 Step

Cleanser: I would recommend Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser (this one will help with the acne), and you can use 2 times per week the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser (this one will help with the scars).

2 Step

Toner: If you have scars I would recommend you the Caudalie Vinoperfect products, like the Caudalie Vinoperfect Concentrated Brightening Essence, or any other toner for scarring or acne of your preference.

3 Step

Serum: The vinoperfect serum is amazing its worth it every dollar, a bottle will last you between 2-3 months.

4 Step

Aloe Vera Gel: Use Lilly of the desert Aloe Vera Gel, it will help you with your scars, acne,  texture, aging and a lot of other skin problems.

5 Step

Moisturizer: Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Moist is good, also Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream (this two will help with scars). The Simple protecting light moisturizer is super good for oily and sensitive skin (you can find this one on drugstores). 

Once your face is clearer from acne... you can change the serum and use TLC Framboos Gycolic Night Serum.

RE: Re: Product recommendations for acne??

Thanks so much!! I'll definitely check these out!

Try Kate Somerville D Scar first. I have had several clients that this has worked wonders for. It's a cheaper alternative to trying my next recommendation which would be Dr.Gross ferulic and retinol brightening solution. If u are super sensitive and have dry skin try Sunday Riley Good Genes. All of these will help over long term with discolouration but not with deeper pitted scars. Those will need to be addressed with either TCA peels and/or laser resurfacing with a cosmetic dermatologist. Hope this helps! Cheers Senior Skincare Advisor @sephora Moncton Tania

Thank you! I've heard really good things about Kate Somerville's acne treatment products so I'll be sure to check out the D scar serum
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing