Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Product Advice Needed: Dry, Acne-Prone Skin

Calling all skincare experts! 🙂 Help a girl out?

Quick Background: For 10 years I had oily, acne-prone skin with severe hormonal breakouts with the worst cysts. (I don't wish that on anyone.) A few years ago, I went through prescription treatment with isotrentinoin. Since then, I've had dry, flaky skin. While I rarely get get cystic acne anymore, I still get a few whiteheads and some surface level pimples on my cheeks and chin that still keep me from comfortably going makeup free. So, I'm fairly new to dealing with this new skin type.

What are some good products for dry, sensitive skin that's also acne-prone? 

I like to keep my routine relatively simple: gentle face wash, treatment and/or serum, moisturizer.

RE: Product Advice Needed: Dry, Acne-Prone Skin

Skincare will help but maybe ask your dermatologist and obgyn about taking birth control pills and spironolactone. I take those mostly for my acne and it usually helps and doesn’t make my face dry.

RE: Product Advice Needed: Dry, Acne-Prone Skin

Drunk Elephant has been the best thing I’ve ever done for my skin. My favorites are TLC, Lala, and B-Hydra. Look around at their stuff, I spent ages going through their Instagram comments before buying and it helped. I hardly get breakouts any more and I thought I’d have acne forever. (Their C-Firma and Protini did cause me to break out though, and the Shaba eye cream is drying.)
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing