cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Primers that won't cause breakouts

I have been trying to find a good primer for my oily skin that doesn't cause it to breakout ?

Re: Primers that won't cause breakouts

I find it useful to look for products marked as "noncomedogenic" or "non acne-genic" as those have been tested and proven to not clog up pores. My personal fave primer is the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer! 

OH and might I suggest double Cleansing at the end of your day (if you don't already)...I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil 1st ($35 on Amazon for 6.7oz) to remove makeup etc and then go in w my Clarisonic Mia (finally broke down and bought one and MAN have I been missing out!!) and currently am

using the Kate Somerville daily foaming cleanser -- my breakouts have usually been from not Cleansing properly

I enjoy the Becca Blotting Primer and the Milk Blur Stick 👍

RE: Primers that won't cause breakouts

Hi. Hourglass primer is amazing. It is kind of expensive but it really works and won't break you out.

Becca's line of primers are great!!

I was using the Smashbox Combination Skin, virtually had zero pimples. Decided to switch over to "No Pore Blema" because I'm on a K-beauty kick and the price is right. Both so far have been awesome. The Smashbox might be a little better for pimple prevention.

becca ever matte or the coverfx matte
Anonymous Insider

Benefit porefessional
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Primers that won't cause breakouts

This is the reason I’m reading this post. I had high hopes of the Benefit Porefessional, but sadly it made me breakout 😞

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfector

Korres mattifying primer

Cover FX Mattifying primer! Not only will it absorb your oil, it has 1% Salicylic Acid which will help fight and prevent breakouts. 

Completely agree with this recommendation, your makeup will not budge either!

I second that!  

Peter Thomas Roth's pore puddy is the best. Also, Estee Lauder's Pore Minimizer (green bottle) is awesome too. I have oily/acne skin, and those two have been the best I've tried so far.

I have tried many primers, including the Hourglass Veil Primer. The only Primer I use that hasn't caused me to breakout is the Smashbox Blemish Control (green tube). It contains a tiny % of salicylic acid. It's also oil free. Definitely try a sample! Good luck!

I would definitely avoid primers that contain silicones. My favorite is the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. It's pricey but I like to buy the XL tube during the fall sale, it lasts me pretty much the whole year lol.

Hourglass Veil actually does contain silicone, but it's good to know it's not irritating to the skin. C/Pd ingredient list: 

Ingredients
Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. , Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina.

Ah, I meant to write primarily silicone! Things like mattifying primers and the super silicone-y ones clog my pores

Oh! Yeah, that sounds like they would be uncomfortable!

24 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing