Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Primer Feedback Please!

Never invested in any makeup primers. Seems like it primer could make a world of difference in overall appearance of finished look. I've heard the most amazing things about Hourglass Veil Primer & despite the price ($$$) am considering treating myself. Would love some feedback on this one & any other 'holy grail' primers! What would you not want to live without? What are the benefits of using makeup primers? In your opinion(s) are there better or just as wonderful primers I should consider trying? Would it be smart to also invest in a separate eyeshadow primer?

My skin can be very dry, somewhat sensitive & has been looking dull. Something hydrating would be nice. Would like my skin look more radiant, maybe a bit dewy.

RE: Primer Feedback Please!

I tend to look for primers that leave my skin looking smooth but hydrated I really like the milk makeup blur stick for days my pores seem large but others I like the Becca backlight priming filter it gives your face a nice glow before foundation or makes any foundation dewy when mixed in.

RE: Primer Feedback Please!

Thanks for updating 😊If you want radiant and dewy Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous base is my favorite! hourglass mineral primer is more for textured skin imo. If you're having trouble getting your eye makeup to stay put with just foundation or concealer as a base then an eye primer might work for you. Otherwise its not really a must.

Re: RE: Primer Feedback Please!

Great suggestions! I'll definitely be looking more at these products!

Re: Primer Feedback Please!

Hi @SiouxzyQ! I have dry skin as well and I do agree that Hourglass has an incredible primer but I would suggest looking into the N.28 Primer Serum as opposed to the Veil one. The N.28 Primer Serum still gives you that gorgeous silky base but is much more hydrating to me that the Veil. They do offer travel size versions of both if you want to test them out before investing in a full size bottle. Here are the links to them:

http://www.sephora.com/n-28-primer-serum-P309504?skuId=1420652

http://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-P210575?skuId=1319193&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap210575

I would absolutely get a separate eyeshadow primer! Concealer works well for that purpose too if you don't want to invest in a separate item. If you are open to getting an eyeshadow primer I'd recommend checking out the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It really keeps my shadows on all day!

Thanks so much for the reply! Since posting I've looked into the Hourglass Veil Primer more & decided not to go with it bc of reviews from fellow dry-skinned makeup lovers. The oil sounds amazing, though! I was also told to check out Too Faced's Hangover Primer. MUA girlfriend of mine said it should be great for me. Have you ever tried that one? I also did just invest in my first ever eyeshadow palette (watching the tracking number like a hawk!!), so seems smart to get some shadow insurance, too!

It really depends on what you want your primer to do. Fill out pores? Hydrate? Brighten? Color Correct? From there you can pick the type of primer you want. When my skin is looking sallow, I reach for Makeup Forever Radiant Primer Yellow. When I want my skin to be matte, I'll go for Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. When it needs a boost of hydration, I like Clarins Beauty Flash.

@EmiAUH thanks for asking these questions! I think she will be able to get much better recommendations now 🙂

Good point. Thanks for the info & recommendations! I'll update my post with a little clarification.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing