Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Pregnancy Acne

anybody else going/went through super bad breakouts during pregnancy? any suggestions?? i’ve tried masks and acne washes but maybe i’m using the wrong ones

I can relate my friend. During my first trimester I had h...

I can relate my friend. During my first trimester I had horrible cystic acne! it's partially hormone related, diet (now that all the good stuff is going to baby, your skin is getting less love from key nutrients) and also sleep cycles are disrupted by all the bodily woes which can in turn affect your skin. I'm not trained medically but this is what helped me along my journey: drink 2.7- 3L of water (not all at once, your body can hold about 250 ml per 30 minutes everything else is urinated. Adding a natural fruit juice or coconut water to your water can help your body retain it's liquids a bit longer and balance electrolytes. Eating many fruits and veggies of different colors to get all the right nutrients to top off your Prenatal vitamin. Nuts and seeds for those extra good fats and minerals. Especially pumpkin seeds for the zinc which help acne. Omega 3 is the bee's knees for acne and inflammation! I opted for the nutrasea high DHA and it was great. Definitely ask you dr about it. also try to sleep during 11pm-3am when certain components of your body and hormones are at work. Lastly, simplify your skin and beauty regimen to see if perhaps your skin has become temporarily sensitive to certain ingredients while pregnant. I opted for Josie Maran for its simple and non toxic qualities. I hope this helps love! Congrats on your pregnancy!

RE: Pregnancy Acne

Yes! During my pregnancies I had breakouts so often. I never found anything that really helped at the time, but it is common in pregnancy for many women
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing