Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Postpartum Skincare??

Hi everyone! I am looking for new skincare to add (or change out) to my current skincare regiment. Being 2 months postpartum and breastfeeding, certain active acids/ingredients are not really allowed at this time until I am done breastfeeding. Mainly, any type of retinol and salicylic acid I believe. With that said, I am looking specifically to target pimples/acne around the face all whole being combo/dry due to the current condition I am in + winter into spring weather where I am living. Ladies and gents, what do you recommend?? TIA!

Re: Postpartum Skincare??

@Altarose   Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Bakuchiol is a common retinol substitute that is safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women and and their babies.  
As for oil control, Niacinamide has sebum absorbing qualities and also helps improve your skin barrier.  Glycolic acid is also a good ingredient for reducing oil while helping to exfoliate skin cells.  
Skinfix Barrier+ Skin Barrier Niacinamide Restoring Gel Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL The INKEY List Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Toner 3.4 oz/ 100 mL OLEHENRIKSEN Goodnight Glow Bakuchiol Sleeping Crème 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Re: Postpartum Skincare??

Omg! Thank you for the response! I heard that skinfix is a great all around skincare brand, and because you’ve recommended that specific product, I may just look into the whole line! Thank you once again!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing