Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Please help with #skincare

Hi, I’m Nikki, I’ve run out of my ##skincare. I had##EltaMD, I image for my#Vitamin C.  I really liked what I had before but it was from the dermatologist and I can’t remember snd now my parents are sending me to another in a few weeks but I can’t take any more time. I like#Skin Medica but sometimes it’s too heavy.  I had it first in#eye-care in a pump but then couldn’t find it again and got it is a jar, - ##TNS eye repair, really $ and too thick for me. I’m so##dry now, it’d probably be ok. I just need a new routine.  Should I use a ##serum again? My moisturizer snd ##suv were th##EltaMD. I’ve tried different samples. I liked Laura Mercier before they changed so the formulas snd cut out the night cream.  I also just had w toner but topped using it, it seemed to make me drier and it was an add on from the girl in the department, not the doctor.  We were suckered into it.  I think most of it.  I used to have beautiful skin, with a little acne still here and there. It was usually hormonal snd stressed snd more on the oily side. Help please!  # I like facial masks but I’ve now heard good and bad things. So for my type of skin, is that a #yes or a no?#I should mention I’m ##super sensitive to so many things. Great # ##Brands? Help get me back to normal. Thanks.

Re: Please help with #skincare

I know I've done well with SkinMedica. I have an appointment this week FINALLY that is in with my dermatologist. I thought I could see if there were some good brands but I've tried so many samples and I've liked a few for this and that but I still seem to break out - I think it's been so irractic and different that my face can't get used to anything and I switch it and it gets agreatout. So I'm hoping to try this. I wanted to try the primer with spf (2 in one) by Charlotte Tilbury but they just make excuses why I can't buy from the. I keep winning nice prizes - and it's like nope you can't have them. So I'm livid. On... 🙂 

Do you know what ingredients you're sensitive to, @Pineapplegirl5? I would go back to just the basics for now- gentle cleanser, light moisturizer, and sunscreen. 

Like what? Which company? I'm sorry but that told me pretty much nothing. Please explain or I'm confused by your response. ???

Hey Nikki! I'm Harper. I have super sensitive and relatively dry skin. The things that I use in my skincare can be used for oily skin, too. My skincare routine is first I wash my face with Neutrogena ultra gentle foaming facial cleanser (you can get it at target), then I moisturize with neutrogena hydro boost in gel cream extra dry (you can get the water gel, if you still have oily skin), then I use CeraVe's acne control gel, and I also use #Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL #. I've tested those expensive skin care brands (ex: drunk elephant) and all they did was make me break out.. I've found that typically, the less you have in your routine, the better, although with certain products, that can be proven wrong. I just haven't found those products yet.

Hi Harper. I can't use any drugstore - well anything. I will 100% breakout I'm super sensitive. My dermatologist has told me 2 different ones - one cerave and I've used the lotion for my body in the past - I broke out immediately. I do best with the $$$ stuff but if the doctor or assistant would just listen then I'd be happy. He ordered 3 prescriptions. One if I break out, Another if I get breakouts on my body due to a disease from another condition & then a retinol - I got 2. He tried telling my mom the retinol and facial is the same but there isn't a retinol in it. They have no clue. Thanks though.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing