Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Peter Thomas Roth Mask Mashup Gratis

I just received a gratis package from @peterthomasroth, which is the Mask Mashup 6-Piece Kit. I can't wait to try everything and give some feedback. Thank you so very much @SephoraBIC and @peterthomasroth

It contains a sampler kit with 6 of PTR's most popular masks. Specifically, it contains Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask (Purifying, Decongesting, and Hydrating), Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask (Restoring, Revitalizing, and Brightening), 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask (Lifting, Firming, & Glowing), Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme De-Tox Hydrator (Soothing, Hydrating, & Detoxifying), Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask (Nourishing, Hydrating, & Restoring), and the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer (Exfoliating, Peeling, and Polishing).

I didn't see any other threads on this yet nor did I see an official thread to post about this gratis package, so hopefully it's ok that I'm posting this. 

I'm so excited to give these a try and share what I think!!

Here are some photos:PTR2.jpg

PTR1.jpg

Congratulations to the following masking lovelies who also received this wonderful surprise (I'll try to update as needed, but let me know if I've missed anyone):

Spoiler

Also...I will add this here as well so nobody misses it!!
The PTR Mask Mashup is occuring this weekend (June 21-23) for everyone to try any/all of the PTR masks they would like and share their feedback!
@eshoe put a survey up in the masking thread and will post results on Monday so everyone can add their thoughts.
Please see the 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge thread for more info:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678#M83796

It looks to be the sampler I've tagged:

PETER THOMAS ROTH - Mask Mashup

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Mask Mashup Gratis

Congrats everyone on Gratis ! Nice one !

Thank you very much @naturalooks15! It is fun trying all of the different masks.

First Impressions for the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask, Cucumber Gel Mask, and Rose Stem Cell Gel Mask from yesterday's mask session: Overall, I had a good mask experience. All the masks worked pretty well in my routine, but I was only wowed by the Pumpkin Mask. I felt an immediate difference in my skin after using it. The Cucumber and Rose Masks performed similarly, and I wasn't blown away by how my skin felt after using them. It may take more uses to see good results with these masks. More details about my experience with each mask are below.

Pumpkin Enzyme Mask:

Spoiler
I have sensitive skin, so I only exfoliate once a week. Currently, I'm using the Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream mixed with the Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk, so I was a bit worried with how my skin would react to the Pumpkin Enzyme mask. After spraying my face with the Mario Badescu Lavender Facial Spray, I used a mask spatula to slather on a thin layer. The smell of pumpkin hit me instantly. It is a pleasant, but not an overpowering, scent. I also started feeling the tingle immediately. Surprisingly, it wasn't as intense as I thought it would be. Maybe the Lavender Spray helped take away some of the intensity? I let the mask sit for about 10 minutes, so the tingling sensation could dissipate, before massaging it in. After rinsing my face, I could immediately feel the difference! My face felt SOOOO smooth, but there was a layer of film that reminded me of how my skin feels after using a moisturizing sugar scrub. I didn't mind the residue because I would be putting a wash off mask on next. Grade: A

Cucumber Gel Mask:

Spoiler
After I exfoliate, I use a cream or gel wash off mask. In my current stash, I use either the Memebox Cake My Day or the DearPacker Black Tea and Black Rose Mask, so I thought the Cucumber Gel Mask would be a good substitute, especially since the Pumpkin Mask is more intense than my usual exfoliation treatment. Using a mask spatula, I slather on a thin layer and let it sit for 20 minutes. Within that time, the mask dried down and felt a little tacky. I washed it off, and my skin still felt soft and clean, and there wasn't any remaining residue. I followed the wash off mask with a sheet mask (TonyMoly My Shea Sheet Mask) that I left on for 20 minutes. Then, I finished with serum (Kiehl's Midnight Recovery), moisturizer (Kiehl's Creme d'Elegance Repairateur), eye cream (Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment), and Jade Rolling. Grade: B

Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask:

Spoiler
I've been trying to be more diligent about using a sleep mask as the final step on days when I mask. Most times I forget, but not this time! The Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask seemed like a good candidate for the sleep mask since I already used the Cucumber Mask. I used a mask spatula to slather on a thin layer. My usual method for sleeping masks is to let it sit for a while then rub it in to keep the mask from feeling sticky and leaving residue on my pillow. I let the Rose Mask sit for 20 minutes. It felt similar to the Cucumber Mask, mostly dried down, but still with a tacky feeling. When I started rubbing in the product, there was instant pilling. It wasn't all over, but there was little bits that I had to pick off my face. I am guessing the Rose Mask didn't pair well with the rich moisturizer. Despite the pilling, the mask absorbed well, and there was no residue on my pillow. When I woke up this morning, my skin felt soft, supple and ready for my morning routine. Grade: B

Congratulations on receiving these masks, @sephoraaddict9...

Congratulations on receiving these masks, @sephoraaddict918! I loved reading your reviews!

Thanks so much for your detailed reviews @sephoraaddict918. I agree about seeing instant results with the pumpkin!

Love this recap and comparison @sephoraaddict918. The pumpkin one does seem like a big winner.

Looks like I get to join in on the fun. Many thanks to @peterthomasroth  and @SephoraBIC  for this gratis. I have only tried the Thermal Water but was very interested in some of the others. Looking forward to trying these.

IMG_0990.jpg

Congratulations, @GalPalVal17!

Congratulations, @GalPalVal17!

@GalPalVal17 Congratulations!!

Congratulations, @GalPalVal17 !  So many new masks to try!

Congrats @GalPalVal17!!!

@GalPalVal17 Congratulations on your gratis. 

Yay! Congratulations @GalPalVal17 

Congratulations @GalPalVal17 ! Welcome to the PTR Mask Club! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Congratulations @GalPalVal17!

yaaaaaaaay!!! @GalPalVal17 we will definitely have a grou...

yaaaaaaaay!!! @GalPalVal17 we will definitely have a group masking now ๐Ÿ˜†

Congrats, @GalPalVal17!

Congratulations @GalPalVal17!

Woohoo @GalPalVal17! Congrats ๐Ÿ™‚

@TeamBIC and @peterthomasroth thank you for this masking gratis. I will have to look at ingredients first to see if I can use them since I am pregnant ๐Ÿคฐ 

If I canโ€™t use them now, I will gladly enjoy them in a couple of months as a much needed pampering when baby is here. 

28156BF7-C90A-43BC-A95C-6D2680C92C85.jpeg

Congratulations, @SportyGirly125!

Congratulations, @SportyGirly125!
43 Replies
Photos50
  • PTR2.jpg
  • PTR1.jpg
  • IMG_20190614_150200.jpg
  • D9B93052-9F70-48E0-966F-40B7ADEDCB9C.jpeg
  • 89584066-8616-427E-983B-DA6B9558B622.jpeg
  • 18430.jpeg
  • 20190617_173009.jpg