Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

PLEASE HELP MY SKIN

So I’ve been using the First Aid Beauty face cream for dry skin. Speaking of dry skin I do not have dry skin but I’ve been using this proscription for pimples and it made my skin dry which is what it’s supposed to do. This lead to me using the First aid beauty cream to moisture my skin a little. After my first use which was in the night, I realized immediately that it had dried down very matte. Me not thinking too much of it continued to use it until my skin was extremely dry. After 3 weeks I stopped using it. No I didn’t use it every day but it was every other day when I had the most time to apply it after cleansing before bed. This happened before Christmas and now my skin is still dry and I’m having all these skin problems. My skin had become dry and I’m breaking out. I have textured skin now and it doesn’t look good on top of makeup... SOMEONE PLEASE HELO ME 😢😔😔

PLEASE HELP MY SKIN

I been using prescription ance cream since high school. When my face was at its dryest I used Ole henriksen Sheer Transformation (light weight) and Nuture Me (smells soo good Vitamin C and E thick cream). If your skin is flakey I would try these. I bought them on a whim (Christmassale really cheap deal) and used 2 jars of each. I would keep in with me so if my face was patchy I would wash my hand and apply it. Currently using Bobbi Brown Hydrating cream

Re: PLEASE HELP MY SKIN

@Anonymous96 Which prescription? It's usage may need tweaked to cut the dryness.

Face oil will help like Acure seriously soothing 

Moisturizer I'm using with prescription topicals, La Roche posay double repair. Haven't been dried out.

RE: Re: PLEASE HELP MY SKIN

Hey, so I tried the oil an it actually made me break out a little. I have bio oil should I try using that?

Re: RE: Re: PLEASE HELP MY SKIN

Bio Oil is mainly mineral oil, some find that clogging, some don't..it's a toss up with that, info is every which direction online. Anything you test, just remember to start with a small area to start. Or try a hydrating mask/serum/booster.

What are you currently using as a moisturizer?

Wow omg thank you so much I’ll definitely do that and see what happens! I will keep you posted thank you so much again your are a lifesaver☺️❤️

Good luck 🙂

I’ve been using the Tactu Pump since 2016 only when I need it but I haven’t used it ever since my face became dry from the First aid beauty product. I forgot to mention I only used it because of my proscription. Do you think I should use the Tarte Maracuja Oil as I already have it? Plus what should I do about my textured skin? And I also bought the Fresha Face cream (morning & night) that helps with aging and stuff but haven’t used it because of the way my skin has been I find that nothing is working to fix it right now and it’s been over a month of me not putting nothing on it. Like I’ve been putting the fresh face cream on it on and off but it didn’t do nothing. Not even ponds worked

@Anonymous96 the benzoyl peroxide in tactumpump is the drying part, adapalene not as much but a retinoid. Acne ingredients need to be used continuously to keep the effects, but it's good you stopped while FAB harmed the barrier.

Try the oil you have only on a small area, so it's controlled, in case it irritates. The texture is probably the skin trying to protect itself and may soften up once hydration is back to normal.

Running a humidifier may help too. Also make a derm appointment now, as they are hard to get into and it has been over a month.

Do you have a very gentle exfoliator? To use maybe 1x week to start, then the oil.

For a leave on mask/moisturizer, can be left overnight get a sample of (next post should tag product)

Caudalie Moisturizing Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

Edit,

SKIN LAUNDRY - Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask

I've used once, but seemed to help. Don't have dry hard skin though. No serum running down the face, like some sheet masks, and stayed on. Also feels cooling.

@Anonymous96 another option

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing