Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Ordinary

Hey, I’ve recently just started using Niacinamide 10% + zinc 1% from ordinary to help with my acne. I started using it 4 days ago, I put it on 2 times a day. (At night and in the morning) is it normal to breakout while starting to use this product? And how

48708AE3-429C-4941-8978-2953693D38C6.jpeg

much drops should I be putting on? 
#ordinary #acne #help

Re: Ordinary

Hey I love this product! I read another reply which said to wait a month. I didn’t break out when I started using it but slow down how much you use it and give your skin time to get used to it. Overall it definitely reduces the redness in my face and has become one of my favorite ingredients 

Try using it once a day or once every other day. 1-2 drops is enough to cover my entire face. 

If you still breakout with this reduced usage then you are most likely allergic. 

I started using it about 10 days ago? The first 3-4 days I was amazed because I thought I could see improvement very early... then my skin went loco - as it does 😛 and I had a breakout in my usual area. I kept going with the niacinamide just to see what happened and I actually feel like the breakout calmed down and healed much faster than usual. I’m going to give this stuff a month, regardless of what happens, just to let my skin adjust and see if it could help me...

@lexiWexi18 the ordinary niacinamide doesn't normally cause purging. Are you finding your breakouts are in places you conventionally break out or is it in new places? 

I will note 10% is actually a pretty high dose of niacinamide and you only need 2-5% to see an effect. 

I’m breaking out where I usually breakout. I’m just confused if that’s normal b/c a lot of people in the reviews said it caused them breakouts before they saw the positive affects it made. 

@lexiWexi18  I just read an article on it (sciencebecomesher(dot)com - she's an RN with. MSc) that doubled down on niacinamide does not cause purging and it's more likely a reaction or irritation. There is a call out that niacinamide at 10% is more likely o cause break outs so you may want to try something in the 4-5% range instead. 

Personally I’d stop using it. @lexiWexi18 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • 48708AE3-429C-4941-8978-2953693D38C6.jpeg
testing