Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Opinions on The Ordinary.

What does everyone think of The Ordinary.? The price is so great on their serums, but I'm curious about everyone's opinion!

very high quality, and offer a wide range that includes multiple strengths and versions (water, silicone, oil, and cream based) of the more popular treatments (vitamin c, retinol) to allow you to use what works for you. highly recommended. their products are transforming my skin completely.

I've bought two of their products and they were too hard on my sensitive skin. They're now collecting dust

Re: Opinions on The Ordinary.

@melymelmarie I love The Ordinary so much that I have 22 different products! It allows me to customize my skincare routine depending on the season and according to what my skin needs. My skincare routine is different in the morning and in the evening. I don’t mind about the bland packaging, the ingredients only matter ! Everything layers well without piling and the quality of their products is remarkable! Best of all they’re inexpensive! 😉

I like the idea and concept but have found their "serum" textures can take getting used to. E.g. TO's brown bottle items can feel oily even with no oil being listed (ascorbic, mandelic). Other items feel sticky or near sticky (hyaluronic, matrixyl, salicylic, niacinamide) and apply foamy. And TO's lactic acid is straight watery. BUT THE ORDINARY - Squalane Cleanser and THE ORDINARY - Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA are my favorite cleanser and autumn moisturizer PERIOD. And none of their products have a strong scent. So, if you find something that works, the value can't be beat! 🙂

I recently purchased a few items and they've been working great. The products are easy to use. No fuss, no complications. Everything is laid out clearly on the bottles.

I have a few of The Ordinary products, and I have to say I'm quite impressed.  The price point is great.  They don't spend money on expensive packing, advertisement, celebrity endorsements, etc.  I have used the Azealic Acid for my pigmentation and it worked well.  I'm currently using the Glycolic Toner at night and the AHA/BHA peel once a week.  

RE: Re: Opinions on The Ordinary.

Hi! I just brought the glycolic acid too... is it normal for it to sting just a bit when you first put it on ur face? Thanks!

RE: Opinions on The Ordinary.

@melymelmarie I like the brand and think their price point is a result of no-frills packaging and simple ingredients. A few serums I find effective are: salicylic acid, niacinamide, caffeine and hyaluronic acid. The brand’s AHA/BHA peeling solution is surprisingly effective. I would say give the brand a try!

Sweet! I went for the lactic acid and peel. I'm looking f...

Sweet! I went for the lactic acid and peel. I'm looking forward to getting them. I just had to include them in my 15% haul 😄

Re: Sweet! I went for the lactic acid and peel. I'm looking f...

@melymelmarie If you’re interested in the Ordinary I would also recommend checking out the Inkey List. 

Re: Sweet! I went for the lactic acid and peel. I'm looking f...

Great recommendation @lnum ! I also use different The Inkey List products along TO skincare and both brands work so well together. 😉 @melymelmarie 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 38 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing