Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Olehenriksen Products...

Hi, skincare newbie here and turning 40 this month... ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿคซ I just ordered the Balance it All Oil control set and was eyeing the 3 Little Wonders Set. I was wondering if they compliment each other? Like can I use them interchangeably every other day? I am used to cheap moisturizer and witch hazel or just got water for washing ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
I donโ€™t have particularly oily skin anymore but in the past two years (since my last was born) my acne is back and wonโ€™t go away... I also have fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and Rosacea (which acts up when I use some products). 

Re: Olehenriksen Products...

@JennSeaton You mentioned having oily skin before but not currently, so what's your current skin type? My concern is that the Balance It All set is for oily types and won't work well for you if your skin is drier. You can make a routine out of the two sets, but it just depends on what works for your skin. While the Balance It All set technically has BHA/salicylic acid in the products, I don't think they're the best for fighting acne given how low they are in the ingredients lists. To really combat acne, I'd look for a more substantial BHA/salicylic acid product. Since that set does contain several actives (AHAs and BHA), it might be too much for daily use, but again that's just skin dependent. 

Since it sounds like you're just starting a true routine though, start simply. Build a base routine of cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. You want that in place to limit the chance of irritation or damage to your skin. All of the AHAs in these products can cause your skin to be more susceptible to sun damage. And with each new product, I would advise giving yourself a two week window to use it before introducing the next new product to judge any sensitivities or negative reactions. 

If you want to start with those two sets though, here's a sample routine:

AM

-cleanse with water

-Balance It All Toner

-Truth Serum

-Balance It All Hydrator

-Sunscreen

PM

-Balance It All Cleanser

-Invigorating Night Gel*

-Sheer Transformation

Be careful with introducing the invigorating gel since it's an exfoliator. I would introduce it slowly, just twice a week at first. 

@quspork @Thank you! I have dry skin with visible pores, and Rosacea. I picked up a sample kit of products this week and started washing at night with the Caudalie Vinopure Pore Purifying Gel Cleanser  gel cleanser and it has been working great and my pores are looking better after a few days. I havenโ€™t been moisturizing at night but in the morning I wash with just water and then use the Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 0.34 / 10  and my skin feels great all day. 
i was only thinking the OLEHENRIKSEN Balance It Allโ„ข Essentials Set because it has great reviews for acne and pores. 
I am a total newbie and at a loss for what to do!

Dry skin with visible pores likely means your skin needs more hydration and moisture than anything, @JennSeaton. If you're liking the Tatcha cream, I'd recommend using it both day and night. If you feel like the Caudalie cleanser is working for you great, but since it does contain salicylic acid, I'd be on the look out for it contributing to dehydrating your skin. I would maybe consider alternating it at night with a gentler cleanser like philosophy Purity Made Simple First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL or Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml Then you may want to consider a hydrating toner or serum, rather than the pore control OH toner or the invigorating night gel. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing