Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Ole Henriksen truth serum??

I purchased the truth serum today and while reading reviews about it i saw someone mentioned that one of the ingredients is yellow 6 and they went on to say how thats poisonous which made me worry about using it, is this true? And does anyone know if this will causes problems for me in the future. 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Ole Henriksen truth serum??

I love Ole Henriksen. In fact i probably mention it about every other post on here. I hope you love it as much as I do. Just an FYI, I had to increase the frequency that I exfoliated because I had some flaking. (Not dry spots, just flaking). Not sure if it was the truth serum or the invigorating night mask that causes it. But once I did that, my skin just started glowing.

Re: RE: Ole Henriksen truth serum??

thanks for the tip:)

GertieGurl wrote:
I love Ole Henriksen. In fact i probably mention it about every other post on here. I hope you love it as much as I do. Just an FYI, I had to increase the frequency that I exfoliated because I had some flaking. (Not dry spots, just flaking). Not sure if it was the truth serum or the invigorating night mask that causes it. But once I did that, my skin just started glowing.

Re: Ole Henriksen truth serum??

It's approved for skincare, just not for use around the eyes. So if you poke around google and find sites saying "not approved for cosmetic use" but not specifying that this restriction applies only to eye area usage, that site is likely fear-mongering or using incomplete data to push another agenda (like selling you their 'natural' cosmetics). There are any number of things one can safely put on their skin but not in their eyes. This is one of them, IMO.

As for whether or not it's toxic/poisonous, there are apparently some data gaps, so it could possibly be shown to be somewhat harmful in future (same could be said of many things though), but as of right now, no there is not any conclusive evidence that it's harmful & it's something that has been studied for a long time so if it was definitely, notably harmful odds are we'd know that by now. So, super long shot odds that we find out it's poisonous, but given that it's the last ingredient in the list (meaning that we're talking about trace amounts basically) I'd consider this serum to be safe.

Thank you so much, i feel alot better about using it now. 🙂

No worries, these are important questions to ask!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing