Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum or Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos Glycolic Serum?

I'm planning to splurge on either one of those. The main reason why I want to purchase one of these serums because I have uneven skin tone in the forehead area.

So I would like to hear your experiences with these serums. Explain why I should/shouldn't buy it.  

Thank you very much! 🙂 

Re: Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum or Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos Glycolic Serum?

Truth Serum is nice for a boost of extra vitamins in your skincare routine, but it's not powerful enough to create lasting changes in skin discolorations or textures. The DE glycolic, on the other hand, is a fairly powerful AHA that will work to create skin turnover by removing dead skin cells, helping to alleviate uneven skin tone issues. 

Re: Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum or Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos Glycolic Serum?

Drunk Elephant. I've used both and the TT serum really didn't do anything but give me a few breakouts. I should mention that it actually helped clear up my daughter's hormonal breakouts but we didn't really notice anything else. I've been using DE framboos serum for about a month now, with the TLC babyfacial once a week and my skin softer and smoother. I don't have any dark spots just red checks thanks to broken capillaries, I haven't noticed any difference other than softer, smoother skin. 

I've been using the DE TLC nightly and it's helped with u...

I've been using the DE TLC nightly and it's helped with unevenness on my forehead!

IT depends what you are looking for, as they each do different things and aren't comparable when it comes to key active ingredients. 

I haven't tried TLC yet but I just started using Truth Se...

I haven't tried TLC yet but I just started using Truth Serum about 3 weeks ago. I put it on in the morning before my moisturizer and I have seen a slight lightening of a dark spot on my forehead and an over all evening out in my skin tone. If your looking for one product that will give you really strong results, I would try something stronger at night with retinol in it. I wouldn't count the Truth Serum out all together though. It is really nice for morning use under your makeup and other products.

Drunk Elephant, I have used both and Drunk Elephant gave...

Drunk Elephant, I have used both and Drunk Elephant gave visible results over the Truth Serum.

C-Firma contains L-Ascorbic acid which is the only form of vitamin C proven to have actual benefits for the skin.  The Truth Serum contains a Vitamin C derivative which supposedly doesn't penetrate the skin deep enough.  However, L-ascorbic acid is very unstable and thus doesn't last very long.  I've been told the bottle oxidizes in 6 months.  

RE: Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum or Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos Glycolic Serum?

I recently started using the truth serum as a dupe for Sunday Riley’s rapid flash and I can already notice my main dark spot going away, my scars going down and my face has gotten more of a natural glow!

Re: RE: Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum or Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos Glycolic Serum?

Hi! How much time did it take for you to see  noticeable changes in your dark spots with the Drunk Elephant serum?

RE: Re: RE: Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum or Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos Glycolic Serum?

I haven’t tried the drunk elephant but with the olehenriksen stuff, it only took about a week for me to see a noticeable difference!

@Anonymous The TLC is actual an acid and the Truth Serum is more of a vitamin C concentrate. If you want to even out your texture and skin tone, go for the TLC and only use it at night. If you’ve never used an acid before, start slowly to see how your skin reacts. Truth Serum is great for daytime use before moisturizer and SPF. It may be beneficial to purchase both if you can. Drunk Elephant has mini sets that include a TLC and their C-Firma whichbis comparable to the Truth Serum. 

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing