Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Oily skin Product Advice.

Hey guys I’m looking for a really good skincare routine. I’ve got oily skin mainly in my T-zone area and I’ve been using Oil of Olay products a while now and considering to make a change. I would also like to diminish my pores. Can anyone recommend cleanser, exfoliating & moisturizer products please. 

RE: Oily skin Product Advice.

I agree with the previous post about Drink Elephant products, they’re amazing (from the samples I’ve tried) but they’re very pricey. If you’ve got that kind of money, great, go for it! If you want to try something cheaper, look into The Ordinary line of products. Try the niacinamide & zinc, it was working great for me, but I added other products to my routine & kind of messed it up so I need to fix that. I think that’s definitely a good product to start to try and take a look at the other products in the line.

Re: Oily skin Product Advice.

Thanks very much for this info. Will look into these products 

Hi!

I have oily skin too, but I use Drunk Elephant and it manages it beautifully. I absolutely I love it.  The line really improved my skin and you can 100% see the difference now.  At night I use the Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL, Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, and the Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL.  And in the morning I use the DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum, along with the Protini again, and a sunscreen.  This moisturizer is very light-weight and easily absorbs into my skin.  I noticed with some moisturizers they would just sit on my face and not absorb and almost act like a barrier?? They would just feel thick and gross and add to my oily-ness.  But that's why I'm happy I tumbled onto DE.

If you're looking for a physical exfoliate, I'd recommend either the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g or the TATCHA - The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder.  Both are really good.  For a chemical exfoliate I'd recommend the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum, but's there's lots of good ones, you just gotta watch the percentage of acid. 

I hope this helps!

I wanted to mention before: Pore diminishing is not a thing. You can't make your pore smaller than they are now because it's genetics. But you can make them LOOK smaller by exfoliating. I don't exfoliate often, but when I do I use the Korean Exfoliating Mitts. I grew up using these(I'm Korean). I used to hate them but with exfoliating, these work MAGIC. But don't go too hard on the face because it can hurt.

Here are some of the products I've been using for skincare:

belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Jelly Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL 

Screenshot (74).png

This product is a gentle cleanser. It doesn't dry your skin out, and it doesn't strip your skin of your natural oils, but it gets rid of excess oils. It's amazing, and I don't know how I'd survive without this. Make sure you read the directions before you use it though. 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Screenshot (75).png

I recently just started using this product, and it's cleared my skin almost completely. It's good at preventing acne from forming and treating hyperpigmentation. I have so many acne scars and they've disappeared. There are so many amazing products by The Ordinary, so you should check them out.

BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb

Screenshot (76).png

This product is my holy grail for moisturization. In the ingredients, it says it contains C14-22 Alcohols, but it's good for your skin. Alcohol is not always bad for your skin, so don't be tricked by the "Alcohol is bad for your skin and companies put them in their skincare to get people to continuously buy their products" idea. For some reason, I found it satisfying to put on my face and I could not stop putting it on. 

I hope this helped and if you do use these products I hope they work for you!

Hi thanks 

I was actually looking at some of the Ordinary products but will look into the ones you suggested. Thanks again 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos3
  • Screenshot (74).png
  • Screenshot (75).png
  • Screenshot (76).png
testing