Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Non-comedogenic cleanser causing dry skin and raw spots. HELP!

Recently my dermatologist gave me a non-comedogenic cleanser. It's slightly improved my skin (blackheads and clogged pores). More than anything though it has dried out my skin, and I've gotten spots that are raw and looks as if the skin's been burnt off. They itch and I can't get them to heal... I've resorted to putting neosporin and a band-aid on them at night because nothing else has worked. Has any one else had this happen to them? Any suggestions on how to get them to heal?

What moisturizer or skincare routine was being used after...

What moisturizer or skincare routine was being used after the cleanser?  If there are toners with drying ingredients (alcohol, menthol), discontinue use.  If the moisturizer and other skincare products are heavily fragranted, it could irritating your skin as well. 

Did the package or label on the cleanser list what you are experiencing as possible side effects?

The best option would be to schedule another appointment with the dermatologist or seek a second opinion from either from another dermatologist or a medical professional (many places offer a nurses' hotline that is free of charge). 

Note:  non-comedogenic is not 100% fool proof that it will not cause break outs, irritation, etc.  It is a misleading label. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing