Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Night cream to use with Retin A?

I've recently added Retin A to my nighttime routine due to a serious case of maskcne

Looking for recommendations for night creams to use with it to prevent drying (or should I use my morning moisturizer and not be so picky?)

Re: Night cream to use with Retin A?

@MEZGF When I started using Retin-A many years ago, I used CeraVe PM - as did a friend of mine who started at the same time.  Her sister is a derm, and rec'd it as well.  When I upped my retinoid concentration close to a year ago, I started using The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and it really helped.  I also integrated Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL around my eyes and mouth area.  Good luck!  🙂

RE: Night cream to use with Retin A?

I use a hyaluronic acid serum and Cerave daily moisturizer both at day and night. It is gentle, fragrance free, has skin barrier protecting ingredients (ceramides) that are helpful when using harsh actives like retin-A and extremely cheap at target or drugstores. And it doesn’t give me acne (I have the wonderful combo of dry acne prone skin). When I first started using retin-A 8 years ago I used aquaphor to soothe peeling areas from the retin-A just until I got past the retinization period. Now is actually a great time to start a retinoid since the worst peeling tends to be around the mouth area and you can easily cover that up with a mask.
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing