cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

New to anti aging products

Hi 

I am 44 but new to anti aging products. Though I hear skinceutical C EF is gold but it's also very pricey. As I don't know what will suit me what should be my go to products for 

Skinceutical cef dupes 

Retinol 0.5 night cream 

Hyaluronic acid

Re: New to anti aging products

Hi @fsavul 

For Skinceuticals Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid the most common dupes are Drunk Elephant C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum (they're actually in a law suit over the formulation), Timeless 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid, Paula's Choice C15 Super Booster and the Skin Deva Vitamin C Serum. 

For Retinol, you sort of need to test what works best for your skin in terms of irritation but a couple brands that I've looked at indepthly include Obagi Clinical Retinol 0.5 Retexturizing Cream, The Ordinary Retinol 0.5% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and Medik8.

Hyaluronic Acid I actually find is in everything so I don't necessarily hunt out a seperate serum for this but a great low cost option is The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 1 oz/ 30 mL . If you are looking at your toner or moisuterizers (or even you retinol and vitamin c) if you see hyaluronic acid or sodium hyaluronate you are pretty much covered and doubel dipping if you layer on another serum. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing