Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

New skincare routine - critique needed

Hello!

I've recently put together this skincare routine using The Ordinary products to combat acne, hyperpigmentation and combination skin. Can you please critique and suggest any other products I should be incorporating? (Doesn't have to be from the ordinary)

Also bonus for suggesting a good sunscreen.

Thanks!

P.S. I double cleanse with cetaphil oily skin cleanser first

Screenshot_20201107-073421_Samsung Notes.jpg

Re: New skincare routine - critique needed

@KryssJ I think you have a lot of great products and wouldn't add more honestly less is more! 

Couple small things I'd change and it's very personal preference 

• Id use the vitamin c suspension in the AM just because it can do great things with your sunscreen to fight free radicals
  • Id dial down the exfoliation - mandelic acid is also a chemical exfoliant so for me if I did the glycolic, the mandelic and the salicylic without taking nights off my skin barrier would not be happy. If it's not causing you irritation though and you see benefits  keep doing it!

Good call on giving my skin a night or two off and I'll definitely consider switching the vitamin c to the morning. Thanks for the feedback!

I think that’s a really good routine. What sunscreen are you using at the moment?

Vichy Laboratories Ideal Soleil Sport Spf 60. I got it as a sample, I like that it is lightweight but I'm curious to know what else is out there.

Sorry that I haven’t replied but my favorite sunscreen is the purito centella sunscreen. You can find it on yesstyle for around $13. If you want to find other sunscreens, I recommend watching Hyrams sunscreen videos on YouTube. He gives really good skincare advice and recommends low price products.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screenshot_20201107-073421_Samsung Notes.jpg
testing