Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

New skincare-purge or irritation?

I started using a new (sensitive skin) face wash 3 days ago since my holy grail was discontinued, but now I have a couple of pimples on my face. It’s made by eucerin, if that matters. 

how do I know if my skin is doing a normal, healthy purge versus my face hates the new face wash and I should discontinue immediately? What are the signs? 

It’s the only change ive made to my skincare routine. since I started using it, my skin is 
so so soft now, I can’t believe it. And it’s fairly smooth and I’d say bouncy in a good way. However, I have about 3 giant pimples (with one finally getting white ish on the top). The rest are still developing. 

im trying to monitor the rest of my face. There may be very small bumps appearing elsewhere, but it’s a bit premature to say if they’ll become pimples too. I have sensitive, combo skin-dry and oily areas. Also a new thought...could it be from wearing covid masks? I’ve been wearing them longer and more frequently the past 4 weeks. The 3 pimples are around my chin and the lower cheek area around the mouth. 

Thanks! 

Re: New skincare-purge or irritation?

Definitely could be from wearing a mask. Best way to know is to discontinue use and see of your skin starts to heal. Purging only occurs when using an active like retinol or any other form of chemical exfoliation. Sounds like irritation to me. 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing