Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

New skin care

I recently bought these products from Sephora and I was wondering how I should use them? I’ve been using the face wash morning and night. I’ll alternate each day between the niacinamide 10% + zinc 1% and Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres 2% but I’m not sure if I am able to mix the toner with them as it has AHA acids. If someone can please help me that would be great, thanks.

FCD28E0F-4688-4ED2-850B-BFFEAE44FB92.png

 #theordinary #skincare #the ordinary nia

Re: New skin care

Hi @maryamanda333 ! I’m not sure how strong that OLE AHA toner is (I see Beautypedia puts it at 5-7%, but they don’t know for sure either), but I recommend not using it daily. Overusing AHAs is a good way to over-exfoliate your skin, which you do not want. My personal rule matches my dermatologist’s: use any AHA no more than 3 times a week. 

You can layer AHAs with vitamin C if your skin will tolerate it. I recommend patch testing: apply the AHA toner, then apply vitamin C to just one small area of your face and see if your skin reacts badly. Or, you can avoid possible complications by using the AHA toner only at night (again, no more than 3 nights a week, if even that frequent) and using the vitamin C serum only in the morning. 

Niacinamide + AHA = no problem. 🙂 Niacinamide gets along with pretty much everything, including vitamin C—though I know The Ordinary specifically says not to mix or layer their vitamin C products with their niacinamide products. I still think they say that just as a blanket CYA statement, so they don’t have to get into all the details of exactly which of their products don’t play nice together due to the ways they’re formulated. But really, layering these 2 ingredients on your skin won’t cause problems unless you happen to be sensitive to one (or both) of them. 

Re: New skin care

I feel like my skin feels a little raw after using the niacinamide. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • FCD28E0F-4688-4ED2-850B-BFFEAE44FB92.png
testing