Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

New Skin Care Routine Needed

I’m 23 and have recently noticed a dark spot appear on my face (maybe a sun spot). I have mild freckling from being in the sun a lot when I was younger. I desperately need a new skin care routine that will reduce the dark spot and fracking and reduce random breakouts. Recommendations??

Re: New Skin Care Routine Needed

I had dark spots for years and nothing helped or covered it up. Even had the dark spots in mustache area!! So horrible! Spent so much money, even did a Obaji skin peel at 26! Years later I found out I was deficient in b12. After 2 or so months on daily b12 sublingul tablets, it was gone! Get your level checked by your Dr. It can't hurt to check it out. The vitiamn costs about 10 a month. 

SK II products are pricey but they are amazing when it comes to whitening/brightening.  The Genoptics Essence made a visual difference on my freckles.  I also am a big believer in Vitamin C for its skin brightening effects (and collagen boosting!).  

In addition to AHAs like Good Genes, make sure you are wearing sunscreen daily, especially if you introduce chemical exfoliants as they make your skin more susceptible to sun damage. 

RE: New Skin Care Routine Needed

@pattykeeler you should definitely try out Power Couple duo by Sunday Riley. It comes with Good Genes and Luna by Sunday Riley; Good Genes is a lactic acid treatment that exfoliates and moisturizes the skin to smooth out the appearance of lines and Luna night sleeping oil contains a gentle trans-retinol ester to reduce the appearance of pores, sun damage and lines.

Re: RE: New Skin Care Routine Needed

@bakeamuffin Thanks! What kind of concealer do you think would work best to cover dark spots?

NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer! I use it under my eyes to cover any dark circles. Sometimes I even like to use the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer on top of it because of the natural look that the Soft Matte gives. The longevity of the product is good too! I'll apply it with a concealer brush and then blend it out with my Beauty Blender. I think it will be good for spot concealing of dark spots as well. Try adding the slightest bit of concealer under your foundation to really hide those dark spots on a daily basis as opposed to colour correcting.

RE: New Skin Care Routine Needed

Since summer I've been out in the sun A LOT, and I've been using SkinFood's Yuja Whitening Serum, which helped A LOT in toning my skin down and getting rid of weird dark spots that started to have appeared on my face

OMG I use the Skin food Yuja mask and it's amazing for brightening dark spots on my skin. That line is wonderful.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing