Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

New Cleanser Help๐Ÿงด

Use and love PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser to remove my eye make up. It doesnโ€™t have any particular skin loving benefits for my face so Iโ€™ve always used a second cleanser on my face to remove my face make up and cleanse my skin. 

Dry leaning skin, aging a concern ๐Ÿ™„ (lol). 
Have used: Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml OLEHENRIKSEN - The Clean Truthโ„ข Foaming Cleanser Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser 5 oz/150 mL Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Betaยฎ Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel 7.5 oz/ 225 mL FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser 

Any suggestions? ๐Ÿคฏ

RE: New Cleanser Help๐Ÿงด

Korres Greek Yoghurt- SO hydrating. The foam is actually honeysuckle, not sulphuric based, so, kills bacteria without stripping your skin. Builds protection for the skin and hydrates.

Re: RE: New Cleanser Help๐Ÿงด

@amysto Iโ€™ve used it twice and like it so far! Iโ€™ve never looked at the Korres brand much as itโ€™s not available at Sephora Canada, however I think Iโ€™ll be shopping elsewhere more. Itโ€™s good to have options! 

Re: New Cleanser Help๐Ÿงด

I see youโ€™ve already decided on a new one to try, but something for the that I LOVE is the PETER THOMAS ROTH - Water Drench Cleanser. Itโ€™s not too drying and leaves my face feeling clean. Itโ€™s basic in the fact that it just cleans well lol. I alternate it with CeraVe cleansers. 

@JayJayyy 

I had a bad reaction to Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and ended up giving it to a friend. I seem to have a very love/hate relationship with PTR products. 

@GG84  Aww that stinks! I hate trying new cleansers for exactly that reason.

Thanks everyone!! 
I ended up picking up KORRES - Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser  @suzyo  recommendation today. Itโ€™s not sold at Sephora in Canada so I had to venture elsewhere. 
It seems to be right up my alley!  

@GG84 let me know how that works out for you! It sounds like something I'd like.

@GG84 I cannot say enough good things about the First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL. I've also got dry skin and this stuff did not exacerbate the issue. It's very gentle but also very effective at removing makeup. 

My favourite (cheaper) alternative is the Neutrogena Daily Foaming Facial Cleanser. It doesn't dry my skin out and is also fantastic at removing makeup. 

I hope you're able to find something you really like! ๐Ÿ™‚

@Asche You and I must have similar tastes, b/c I used the same Neutrogena cleanser for years before I switched to the FAB ๐Ÿ™‚  Since I was used to the Neutrogena being so inexpensive, it was a switch to pay for the FAB.  BUT, I've been lucky as it has been 50% off twice at Sephora, and at least a couple times at Ulta.  I hope you can get a similar deal in the future ๐Ÿ™‚

@greeneyedgirl107 Sounds like I should be keeping an eye on the sale section more often! ๐Ÿ˜„ I've had to cut back my beauty budget since returning to school (thanks, hefty tuition payments), so the Neutrogena cleanser has been my go-to this year. Between the two though, I definitely prefer FAB. If I can snag it at 50% off I'll definitely treat myself!  

@Asche In the last two years or so, it was 50% off at Sephora during the Weekly Wow, and during Sephora's 21 Days of Beauty.  Ulta recently had it 50% off during their 21 Days of Beauty, and they've had it 50% off a few other times.

I hear you about sticking to a budget while in school.  Neutrogena was my go-to in grad school ๐Ÿ™‚

@greeneyedgirl107 Ah that's too funny! I'm in grad school right now. I guess Neutrogena is generally a grad student go-to. ๐Ÿ˜› 

I'm in Canada so Ulta isn't easily accessible, sadly. I have high hopes that they'll come here, their deals/rewards program sounds fantastic! 

@GG84  I've used KORRES - Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser as my nighttime cleanser for years (I have dry skin and I think we are close in age). It comes in a mini too if you just want to try it ๐Ÿ™‚

ETA: I'm assuming you want to keep using the Philosophy for eye makeup? I've never used the Korres on my eyes because I like waterproof mascara.

@GG84 Have you tried CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mLor Drunk Elephant Slaaiโ„ข Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser or Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL/FARMACY - Very Cherry Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm?

I find using a cleansing balm helps really take off stubborn eye makeup and also a eye makeup remover like Bioderma Sensibio which is gentle on the skin.

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 36 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing