Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need help finding moisturizer

Hello! I am having a difficult time finding a moisturizer that works for my skin. I have used the DE protini and that was a little heavy for me. Currently I am using the Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream, and it is breaking me out on my jaw line. I don’t know if I am just extra sensitive or if I need to be looking for something else. Do any of you have any suggestions? Thank you!

Re: Need help finding moisturizer

Try a gel instead of a cream

RE: Need help finding moisturizer

You might be using moisturizers too heavy if you have combo/oily skin. Glow Recipe Watermelon Moisturizer is really great and very hydrating for how light it is. If skin sensitivity is a concern for you too, I’d recommend Dermalogica’s Calm Water Gel- good for both sensitive and oily/combo skin. If you are using more than one moisturizer, make sure the lightest is used during the day and the heavier is used at night.

Need help finding moisturizer

Tatcha products are my favorite except for their vitamin c serum, I've never tried it bc I really like Dermalogica's brightening serum which has vitamin c. (:

What's your skin type, @valliebono?

RE: Re: Need help finding moisturizer

@quspork I am combination, with slightly dry tendencies, and very sensitive. Thank you!

Re: RE: Re: Need help finding moisturizer

@valliebono Since you lean a little drier but want something that isn't too heavy, I'd check out Belif Moisturizing Bomb and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration. Ole Henricksen's Sheer Transformation might be a good option too. 

@valliebono the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mLis really nice and lightweight and I also like the BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb and the BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb.The Aqua bomb is a gel and a little lighter, maybe better suited for these hot summer months.

I seems to have same skin combination as you have.  I tried Tatcha water cream in a mini size fortunately, cause for me it was all water, no cream!  lol  Seriously, it does not hydrate deeply.  I don't use Accutan, but I use DE A-passioni as a retinol cream.  I tried the DE b-Hydra (too shiny and sticky), the Josie Argan face cream (great, but does not absorb when used with A-passioni), the Caudalie Vino Sorbet (good but gives me bumps and is a bit too shiny).  For now, I stay with Caudalie but I am looking to buy the Algenist kit and test those product.  Did you find anything that fits your needs lately?

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing