Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need help finding a stronger retinol and some breakdown of it all

Recently my aesthetician said that my skin is ready for a stronger retinoid. But i'm struggling to find what exactly is stronger than what i'm using with all of these alternatives and slow time releases. I'm currently use Sunday Riley "Luna". I'm going to do some research and see for example what strength Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion is compared to a Retinol 1% and Granactive Retinoid 0.5%. In the meantime I thought I would post here to see if any of you could hopefully breakdown it down for me. Thank you for taking the time to read my post! 

Re: Need help finding a stronger retinol and some breakdown of it all

If you go to Caroline Hiron's webside she has a whole section on retinols. At the top of the page, look under SKINCARE, and then retinols. She recently did a series of videos talking about retinols of various strengths. You might find what you need there.

I'm not sure what percentage is in the Luna oil, but if you're looking for something stronger you could try the A+ it has 5% granactive retinoid and 1% retinol which seems to be the most potent you could find in non prescription form. The ordinary also has a 5% granactive retinoid and a 1% retinol which you could layer to get the same effect. 

Anonymous Insider

there's also the 5% granactive retinoid from the ordinary. Your might have already known about that though since you mentioned the 2%

Thank you ladies! So would one layer of the A+ be stronger than the Ordinary? I noticed one of you mentioned that layering it would give the same affect. Have either of you heard of the Honest Beauty retinol serum? It doesn't state any percentages but here is the ingredient list:

Water (Aqua), Squalane, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Esters, Propanediol, Glycerin, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Dextrin, Retinol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Polyglyceryl-6 Distearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid.

I see it's 9th on the list, and it is straight retinol. For A+ it's 16th on the list so my understanding is that the Honest Beauty one would be stronger, correct? I'm looking for retinal instead, as I've read this is stronger than retinol, do either of you know of any products with it? 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing