cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Need help, can’t find something to work :(

I have been suffering with a recent change in skin and it’s really been discouraging as I’ve always had great skin. I can’t seem to figure out what products I should be using and how often etc. I have very uneven skin tone and texture with large pores on the sides of my cheeks closest to my nose. I get really painful pimples deep under my skin and I of course have scarring. I use Boscia clear complexion cleanser and so far I have noticed improvement but still can’t find something to help look my actual age (25) lol please help me find my holy grail product. I may be asking a lot but I know nothing about how to fix this

Re: Need help, can’t find something to work :(

So sorry you’re going through this. I was chatting with a friend today about solutions and she swears by the PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dotsfor her son. I told her that putting a micro-dot of The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLon a cystic pimple my daughter developed over the weekend helped shrink it really fast. Beware that these cause sensitivity to sun so SPF is a must!

@natclaree sounds like you might benefit from AHA/BHA.  Glycolic acid and Lactic Acid are both AHAs, and Salicylic Acid is a BHA.  The acids help with exfoliation and retexturing your skin, as well as minimizing pores.  The salicylic acid also helps with acne.  There are several products available that contain these ingredients, including some that are plant-derived or natural acids.  If you're looking for green/clean products check out Herbivore Prism AHA + BHA Exfoliating Glow Facial 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or Tata Harper Resurfacing & Brightening AHA + BHA Serum with Vitamin C 1 oz/30 mL or something similar.  There's also Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Pore Exfoliating Treatment.  Another cult favorite is Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 1.7 oz / 50 ml.  In my opinion, these products take time to work.  I know people like to say that they see instant results, but I think for acne sufferers (myself included), it still takes a while for your skin cells to turnover; the acids just quicken the process a bit, and are really effective for maintenance (once the active acne clears).  Also if you have scarring, I would also suggest a Vitamin C product.  And one of the best recommendations I ever received in my life was from my dermatologist who suggested I use EltaMD UV Clear sunscreen every day.  That's one of my holy grails. I will say that after the worst breakout of my entire life, I started a pretty comprehensive routine.  It took a few months for the acne to finally clear, and even longer for the scars to fade, but I'm happy to say that my skin is relatively clear (still acne-prone though, can't change my hormones).  Good luck!

Yes! But don’t forget the budget version The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL it’s also new user friendly since the color helps you figure out where you’ve applied it 🙂

Hi @Anonymous 

Not sure where you are located but Blume Meltdown is a miracle worker. It’s an oil you can mix with your moisturizer or apply directly to your skin to affected areas and this stuff helps dry out and prevent future break outs. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing